Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Angels

L J

big big titties
ok, so everyone has heard the either myth or truth that angels are basically the most unreliable gun in the world etc etc
and as i may possibly buy one in the future, just wanna see what responses i get. i tried an A4 at m25 and luuuurved it:D

what i really wanna know is the truth, what problems have people had, whats good about them etc etc, and why is it better than my i framed voodoo impy with all new designz internals;)
and can u get any nice looking angels? cos all the ones i have seen ALOT, are FUGLY!!!!!
i dont wanna hear stuff like 'well they must be good as*insert name here* team uses them, i just want personla opinions etc

post away:D

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
Originally posted by cockersrule

and why is it better than my i framed voodoo impy with all new designz internals;)
Its not ;)

As for good looking angels, you're gonna need to look for a while :p

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
where have you heard this myth for them being unreliable?!?! they really aren't, tis a myth put out by smart parts ;)

i have tried most guns out cept a timmy. i chose an angel overall because of it's looks, rate of fire and my ability to look after the gun very easily. ie a drop of oil down the tube. i don't know about internals and i really don't give a **** either. the only problem i've ever had is velocity and that coz my shims fecked up. 2 min job to replace them and it was good as new. Angels look a lot better than timmys or impy's i reckon but in the end it all comes down to personal opinion. they are all good looking in my book but not in yours. find one you like and you'll never look back. tis the same with all guns, you find one you like and you never want anything else.

go buy a speed btw :D i'll sell you one.

btw did i mention dynasty use them? :D :D

Parksy

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Newcastle, UK
Had an IR3 Rock, and can quite honestly say out of all the markers I have owned, again owned the majority of the big name markers out there it was the most disapointing by far. Just found the thing completely innacurate compared to a cocker, or my Eclipse Impy, or in that fact every other marker I have owned. Which has been 12 in all this year :)

Not my cup of tea at all. Can see the appeal of them with the support etc you get from WDP, but my only experience was this Angel, and it has put me off them altogether :(

P.S. I would take an I framed Voodoo Imp above an IR3 any day. Cannot comment on the Speed or 4 though as I ain't used one :)

Dave

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
No accouting for taste I guess, keep with your bloody impy then! ;)

Look all this accuracy malarkey is utter ****e. Accuracy is merely a by product of consistancy which comes down to a reliable air source and feed for the marker and paint to barrel match, the laws of physics defy it being anything else so all that open bolt/closed bolt/trajectory is utter ****... Angels are no more or no less accurate than any other marker given the right variables.

I like them, they are a piece of piss to maintain and I think they look great. Also find them easy to play tight with as they are quite stocky horizontally. But that doesn't mean they are right for anyone else. Plenty of other people just can't get used to the feel of them, that's not to say that there is anything wrong with them though. I've had eblade cockers too, probably going to have another one too soon but they have always been far more problematic for me than Angels but part of that is familiarity, on the same argument can be used for cocker/matrix/impy/whatever users in reverse.

They are a solid, reliable product made by a solid reliable company (British too I might add - support your economy!!!) and anything to the contrary is nonsense.

My 50p worth...

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
Originally posted by Benfrain
No accouting for taste I guess, keep with your bloody impy then! ;)

Look all this accuracy malarkey is utter ****e. Accuracy is merely a by product of consistancy which comes down to a reliable air source and feed for the marker and paint to barrel match, the laws of physics defy it being anything else so all that open bolt/closed bolt/trajectory is utter ****... Angels are no more or no less accurate than any other marker given the right variables.

I like them, they are a piece of piss to maintain and I think they look great. Also find them easy to play tight with as they are quite stocky horizontally. But that doesn't mean they are right for anyone else. Plenty of other people just can't get used to the feel of them, that's not to say that there is anything wrong with them though. I've had eblade cockers too, probably going to have another one too soon but they have always been far more problematic for me than Angels but part of that is familiarity, on the same argument can be used for cocker/matrix/impy/whatever users in reverse.

They are a solid, reliable product made by a solid reliable company (British too I might add - support your economy!!!) and anything to the contrary is nonsense.

My 50p worth...
Ah, but kick would add to the accuracy....and was that anything to do with the fact that the angel is yours ;)

Nice colour....too bad its stuck to that ;) :D

D6

Jun 21, 2002
Nakatomi Plaza
I've never had a problem with any Angel i've had, but I know if I did, i'd be able to get it fixed by the techs who attend most major events.

Like just about everyone else says, it's personal preference. There's a bucket load of really decent, fast and reliable markers out there at the moment, but i'd choose an Angel over the lot of them...and you're quite right, A4's do rock....:D

And Dave, don't make me get militant on you...;)