Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Angels

TOOLE

Banned
Feb 27, 2003
cockersrule: stay with the impulse. i just got rid of mine (i-framed impy w/ everything) and it was a serious step down to an ir3. angels are bigger than impies (maybe not as tall but v. wide), they run at a higher pressure and therefore have more kick, have too many silly LCD functions (i know the speed doesn't, but i'm talking about angels in general) and tend to break more often, if your impulse breaks you have about 3 moving parts to check!! if it's an angel, thn you have to send it to the techs.

As much as i don't like smartparts, i have to say that they have made one of the best markers in the world in the impulse, at it's bottom end it's (reasonably) fast and low pressure, and a brilliant mid range gun, at it's top, it will outshoot any other top end gun (i know there are 2 or 3 markers that cycle faster, but they don't have an i-frame!!).

Stick with the impulse and buy a WAS board!

Sinner

Squirrel watcher
Jul 11, 2001
Norwich, Norfolk
Visit site
I'm sorry guys, but when I see anybody complaining about any marker having too much kick, I've just got to laugh. Have you ever consider using those things called muscles? I'm sure if I can accurately fire a .303 rifle - and I'm a skinny, flabby guy! - then I'm sure that even the weediest of us can control the *snicker* 'recoil' of a paintball marker!

I can see the height of a marker maybe being an issue, but since we're generally talking about a centimeter or two difference between designs, it's not that hard to adjust your stance to compensate. But worrying about whether your marker is fatter than some other design? Come on, be real! Your bottle and your hopper are at least twice as wide as your marker, so why the hell are you worrying?

OK, this is a somewhat snarky post, and I apologise for any offence, but lets try not to repeat any more paintball myths, akin to closed bolt accuracy, longer barrels giving better range, etc, etc, etc, ad nauseum.

acsik

Sep 18, 2001
Hungary
Visit site
True Dat

I always find it funny when someone says that angels are ugly an unreliable. :) Especially when a guys signature is full with stuff he had to hang on his Impulse to make it work decently. And dont get me started on cocker people..

Peace

IanC

Jan 24, 2003
Searching for the pro-tour....:S
Originally posted by acsik
True Dat

I always find it funny when someone says that angels are ugly an unreliable. :) Especially when a guys signature is full with stuff he had to hang on his Impulse to make it work decently. And dont get me started on cocker people..

Peace
True, standard impulses are a bit pants, good for what they are, and I would have to say that assuming one was actually working when I touched it, any current Angel would out gun a standard impy! Perhaps Angels are allergic to me???!!!!:D

And as for why I have lots of things haging off my impulse, I like to tinker, buy basic guns and give it the bits I want. Now it rips, and for something of similar cost to a Speed I have a gun that I mostly assembled myself. Granted its not very bling, being plain jane black and silver but I like it!

Laterz

Ian
:)

The great thing about the angel, that other manufacturers would kill for is the roto breech. Thats why angels have a tiny light bolt and a completely sealed firing chamber.

This design allows you to put the 3 way behind the bolt and to have the ram at an angle to the bolt chamber so you can have a nice squat marker which translates into less rotational force about your hand (think GCSE physics).

These tin pot manufacturers who have copied the angels functional design (impulse, timmy, bushy) are forced to have a ridiculously long bolt and a twin stacked tube body, which adds to the kick and to me says spyder clone.
(I realise that spool valve guns and cockers are not prone to this criticism)

There are many other things which make an angel great (such as intelifeed space frame) and rest assured there will be more to come.

The thing which gives angels a bad rep is WDPs proffesionalism when they release a product. They will not release a marker which will shoot 12bps without modification just like a firearms company will not release a gun with a hair trigger. This means that some idiots not gonna sue wdp cos he shot himself 12 times in the face by accident.

Everyone knows that a guns accuracy is in the paint and barrel and the other main factor is the feel of the gun, but if you think angels arent the most refined and well designed marker out there then you are mistaken.

If you saw the finals of the CC you would have seen players shooting Speeds A4s Ir3s and if im not mistaken LCDs with ace mods and intelifeed revolutions. (had to put that in tee hee).

PS im not sponsored by anyone but ive been around for a long while, it would take a good gun for me to get rid of my ir3 and it definatley wouldnt be one of these awful angel clones.

Feel free to rip my arguements apart, I can take it.

MrDan

Scratching On
Oct 14, 2002
SoManc
www.sandyssuperstars.com
Firstly, charmone mofo!

Secondly, i was at Campaign, and if LCD's with intelifeeds are good enough for Dynasty, then they are good enough for me!

Shame I was p**s poor at physics, but it sounds good!

Thats about it.

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by John[SAD]

Feel free to rip my arguements apart, I can take it.
And if the pro's use them they must be good eh?? :rolleyes: Must grab me an AMG spyder or a Tippman!!:rolleyes:

Ever thought that a longer bolt might add stability?

I don't understand your point about them not releasing a marker that won't shoot 12 bps without modification?!?!?

I have both an Angel Speed and a Featherlite Viking, I also sell both am I biased towards either one? yes I am!

However, I love the space frame, now if only I could get one for my Viking.. ;)
That said both are excellent marker's but then so are hi-end impy's Timmies etc, You get to a certain point when there is very little differance performance wise seperating the top dogs.
You got to try and decide which is best for you every marker has its lus and minus points, I've yet to find the perfect marker, god knows I've tried and I think I've come close, just needs a few 'additions'........

:D

Paul
:)