Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Annodizing? Any group buys?

ListerOfSmeg

Woodsballer for life
Dec 17, 2005
stafford, england
no, its £35 set-up just for the order... so basically if everyone sent their parts to one person with their order sheets, they could split the set-up fee between each other, and maybe wangle a deal on the price per part too :)

any takers? :)
Here are the standard prices from Slothball

"The pricing scheme we use is very simple. We charge a standard £25 setup fee forany job, no matter how many parts you would like to have done. After that, to anodise any parts is just £6 per part!

If you would like to change the finish on any part, please add an extra £1 for
each part the finish change is required on. That means, for example if you
wanted to change a part from having a neutral or dust finish to being a "high
gloss" finish, then the part would be £7 instead of £6.

If you would like to fade anodise a gun, please add an extra £1 to all parts, so
if the parts were staying the same surface finish but you wanted the gun to fade
from one colour to another, each part would cost £7. If you wanted finish change
AND fade on you parts, each part would be £8 (£6 base part price + £1 finish
change + £1 Fade).

Custom graphics and tattooing are charged at £25.00 per individual logo,
duplicates are not charged.

On top of all this, Return Carriage is free!"

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
Here are the standard prices from Slothball

"The pricing scheme we use is very simple. We charge a standard £25 setup fee forany job, no matter how many parts you would like to have done. After that, to anodise any parts is just £6 per part!

If you would like to change the finish on any part, please add an extra £1 for
each part the finish change is required on. That means, for example if you
wanted to change a part from having a neutral or dust finish to being a "high
gloss" finish, then the part would be £7 instead of £6.

If you would like to fade anodise a gun, please add an extra £1 to all parts, so
if the parts were staying the same surface finish but you wanted the gun to fade
from one colour to another, each part would cost £7. If you wanted finish change
AND fade on you parts, each part would be £8 (£6 base part price + £1 finish
change + £1 Fade).

Custom graphics and tattooing are charged at £25.00 per individual logo,
duplicates are not charged.

On top of all this, Return Carriage is free!"

price change evidentally... my bad. :eek: buuuuut, the main point of my post is still valid :D

Jaaamie

Apr 16, 2007
Prestatyn
www.myspace.com
I'm still really confused :D When i do screen printing for teeshirts, the setup fee is a price used for the initial setup, as obviously once the design is made, reproduction is cheaper. Therefore in terms of anodizing it makes more sense that a setup was for the one color, as once setup doing other parts the same is easier and thus the cheaper price. But if it was just £25 setup, and 50 people sent 5 parts each to one person to do, and they all had different colors, they would still have to set up the machine for each different colour.
But I don't have any knowledge of this so I trust what you say is right, it just doesn't make sense to me =]

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
I'm still really confused :D When i do screen printing for teeshirts, the setup fee is a price used for the initial setup, as obviously once the design is made, reproduction is cheaper. Therefore in terms of anodizing it makes more sense that a setup was for the one color, as once setup doing other parts the same is easier and thus the cheaper price. But if it was just £25 setup, and 50 people sent 5 parts each to one person to do, and they all had different colors, they would still have to set up the machine for each different colour.
But I don't have any knowledge of this so I trust what you say is right, it just doesn't make sense to me =]

do u guyz not watch american choppers? i think by setup fee that would be the cost to stick em all on pegs and hooks then stick em in a sealed room and sandblast the crap outta them to make the surface workable. i doubt u can successfully paint straight over the top of an existing anno job.

*if this is mentioned elsewhere then im sorry and couldnt be arsed reading up :D