Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Anodising

jim1962

May 18, 2019
I see some great work and read about people who have had work done .
But I know very little about it .
If I had a marker that I wanted to have either just redone in it’s original colours or a custom job done ,how do you go about it ?.
Would it depend on the level of work that needs doing on were you send it .
Do you send it complete or just the parts that need doing .
How does it work ?.

Reactions: mikey1975

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington
I see some great work and read about people who have had work done .
But I know very little about it .
If I had a marker that I wanted to have either just redone in it’s original colours or a custom job done ,how do you go about it ?.
Would it depend on the level of work that needs doing on were you send it .
Do you send it complete or just the parts that need doing .
How does it work ?.
Well, I can't speak for anyone else that does anodising around the world, but here in the UK I simply sent my entire marker to Ed who did everything. Strip, anodising and rebuild. If you are comfortable stripping down the marker completely you'll save yourself that cost. Other than that it's decide what you want done and have the discussion to see if it's possible, then pay, post out and wait for the postie to deliver.

Honestly, the hardest thing was sitting about waiting for it to be done :p

k4p84

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2009
www.paintballskirmish.co.uk
Most colours are available. Other than black or silver your dying time varies to get close to 'factory' colours.
Fun fact this is why you get alternate colourways (different colours on adjoining parts) now so variations in colour across batches are less noticeable.
You can get one part done all the way up to full markers with added accessories.
You can strip / clean / rebuild or request that is done.
Part refinishing can be done if there is battle damage though using something as an entrenching tool may leave damage too bad to conceal.

Reactions: jim1962