The Home Of European Paintball

Anodising

crom-dubh

WHATEVER...
Sep 9, 2001
watford
Visit site
Could anyone help me?

I am looking into getting the body of my auttomag anodised.
Does anyone know where I can get this done ( if its at all possible)? And any ideas on costs

Cheers for any help.

Jul 6, 2001
Visit site
Don't even think about trying to anodise a Mag body!!!! It would be put into the acid and dissolve as it stainless steel you can only anodise aluminium. With Stainless you can either get it plated or powdercoated.

crom-dubh

WHATEVER...
Sep 9, 2001
watford
Visit site
I live near the cinema in Garston. Do you play up in Bricket wood Wookie? Any good places for walk on day near Watford?
I just recently took the plunge and bought my own marker after playing on and off for a few years so my knowledge of the sport is a little limited. But I still feel like a tit for not realizing you cant anodize stainless.

Cheers everyone

garfield

Aug 2, 2001
Visit site
Where is LPS ? Somewhere in the UK I imagine
Do they have a website ?
If not, styles of anodising do they do ?

Does anyone know where Planet gets their stuff done ?

Wookie

Grumpy Sys*****
Brickett Wood???

Never knew they had a place there. I used to play a lot out at the LPS site at London Colney, but nowadays I have way too much to do at the weekend to spend it playing. Unless it's team training that is.

As for where I live... right in the middle of Watford I am afraid. Infact, if I get too wasted at the pub, I stand a good chance of getting run over by some Gary-boy ****er on the ring road on my way home when they run the lights.

Garfield... They can do just about anything. I've seen some of the stuff that John has done "to see what it looked like" and it's quite strange. Errrr "Individual".

Phoning is easier than the website, at least you get to talk to a person.

Wookie

p.s. They live in Welyn Garden City

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
The other option (which is what i did) is to look in the Yellow Pages and find a local anodizer...

You'll obviously have to strip your marker yourself and know which parts you can ano and be able to put it back together again!!!

I got my 2 cockers ano'd and chromed for £55 - (fifty five).

2x Body, 2x back block, bottom line, 3 barrels, reg, 2x vertical asa, 2x anti-tamper, stock, bolts, powerfeed etc, etc

You need to trust the person doing the ano as you won't have any comeback if they f@ck it up so try and get a personal recommendation.

Stan