Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ansgear paintball????

TurkishSmurf

epic hero!!
Jun 21, 2012
Southwark, South East london
I haven't
But that would cross the threshold and import vat will apply (depending on value import duty could get added to higher value items)
The thing that hurts is the courier handling fee.
If customs fees are due your don't pay to clear customs, the courier handles it all and charges an additional fee to you - anything from £8 to £20 depending on the courier, not the customs amount

Unless it's something special buy in the uk. If it is something special then have a word with the uk retailers and they may import it for you, often resulting in a net saving because of the way customs clearance fees are handled for companies
Hi I was thinking of getting a new Geo 3.1, firstly the exchange rate makes the gun cheaper to buy than in UK even with Shipping and also you usually have a wider range of color combinations than in the UK giving you something not neccessarily unique but defiantely somewhat rare in the Uk. That is more to the point is the color combination which i think adds something special, knowing you are one of a few people with the colors you like.

What do you think? am i missing huge hidden costs here? I imagine it's too good to be true to save a couple hundred. I would appreciate all your input.

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Hi I was thinking of getting a new Geo 3.1, firstly the exchange rate makes the gun cheaper to buy than in UK even with Shipping and also you usually have a wider range of color combinations than in the UK giving you something not neccessarily unique but defiantely somewhat rare in the Uk. That is more to the point is the color combination which i think adds something special, knowing you are one of a few people with the colors you like.

What do you think? am i missing huge hidden costs here? I imagine it's too good to be true to save a couple hundred. I would appreciate all your input.
Yep - you're missing VAT :)

Once your order hits customs they'll add 20% for VAT, potentially plus customs duty and a handling charge. Factor that lot in plus the shipping and it'll work out more expensive from the states. They don't tend to be all that forgiving with the exchange rate they use to calculate the VAT either!

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com

I've bought multiple guns from the US both new and from PBNation. I've always paid Customs and VAT charges because the value is always correctly recorded for insurance purpose

I think you are trying to achieve
#1) Cost saving
#2) Rare colour scheme compared with stock colours

So if you can get #2) but it was the same cost as the UK, is that worth it? If so, then your priorities are clear.

If this is to save money then it will not be much, for a £1000 marker I think I paid approx £150 including Customs, VAT and handling charges. So what do you think the savings would be?

Reactions: TurkishSmurf

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk

Try this:
In the UK Fat Bobs & Planet Eclipse quote £1080
Post is probably free from PE, on Fat Bobs going by their postage policy is £6 to £8 but they may even do it for free
So the most it will cost in the UK is £1088

In the US ANS Gear quote $1394.95, Planet Eclipse quote $1395 but obviously won't post to the UK as they have PE UK

ANS Gear would charge around £906.66 to £913.99
You then get import VAT and fees fo £181.51 to £193.51

The overall import cost would then be between £1088.17 to £1107.50
(Costing you between 17p and £20 more to import)

However customs also check valuations and may not accept the quoted value, but instead use the UK ex VAT price
(£1080 / 1.2 = £900)
Using that valuation your overall cost would be £1127.13 to £1146.46
(Costing about £50 to £65 more to import)

If customs pick a less advantageous currency rate then you're worse off.

You also have to wait longer whilst it travels the world, worry about customs, wait for a card from the courier, pay the fees, wait for delivery
importing.jpg

TurkishSmurf

epic hero!!
Jun 21, 2012
Thanks everyone for the input, defo didnt factor in VAT so basically the marker im sure will end up being slightly more than UK price but for a marker in the specific colors im looking for I'm happy to purchase, the extra cost isn't the end of the world. The gun itself in it's rarity is the appeal here.

Mayeb I'll see if it can be shipped through Just, BZ or Fat Bobs rather than deal witht he customs stress and if not I'm pretty sure I will be ordering via ANS.

Thanks for everything, as always the paintball community provides great insight and clarity.

Many thanks

Gav

TurkishSmurf

epic hero!!
Jun 21, 2012
Hey LIPS, cant believe I catually left you off the list...

Leaning towards the Blue/Black and Grey/Black but cant decide at the minute. Grey/Black would probaly be my preference.

Planning on getting it nearer xmas as a treat for myself. Getting the kids pressies out the way first so there is no backlash from the Mrs.

Is this something you guys can make happen? Should I give you lot a call and have a chat, can sort of deposits and so forth.

Gav

desponge

weekend warrior
Aug 6, 2003
Darlington
ok, parts arrived yesterday.....very happy as didn't have to pay import charges (too cheap:D), my advice is to check with them first about anything your ordering to make sure you are ordering the right parts and everything you need is there......unfortunately the actuating rod and collar came with no locking screw for the 3-way shaft so ill be contacting them soon to tell them........unless anyone on here has a spare.....;):D(y)