Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Any excel gurus out there?

I used to good.Honest

UKPSF #7126
Oct 20, 2013
Bodmin
www.facebook.com
Ok just trying to do a formula for an excel spreadsheet that seems simple enough but it won't do what I want.

=IF(C7<7,1,C7*0.15) that's the formula.
Basically I have bought into an auction house and when sellers bring in items we used to charge 15% commision, now we are putting a minimum commission of £1 on any item, so when I put 1,2,3,4,5,6 or 7 in C7 the figure will come out as 1 or anything over 7 then it's at the normal 15%, but the problem is if an item doesn't sell then we carry it over to the next auction but for the seller to get paid before the next auction we do their account, but if it doesn't sell then we put 0 (zero) into C7 but it keeps coming out as 1 . I've tried to add another parenthesis and IF(C7=0,0) but it doesn't like it and won't recognise it as a function.
It should be easy but I am starting to want to smash my computer now.
Anyone have any notion of how to read C7 as 0 and not put a 1 there?????

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Yes, just the way I listed it out on seperate lines to show other answers

I would say though that it would be a 'better' method to not have .15 in the formula, especially if there could be multiple items and multiple copies of the formula

Eg best practice would be to layout a form with a box somewhere that shows the commission rate
Then in the formula link to the cell which contains the rate which means when / if you change rate then you just change the percentage instead of modifying the formula

When you have multiple items on the sheet are they one customers items, and if so is the commission worked per item or per customer sales?
Per item the formula is good as is, if all of the sales then it's going to keep adding the minimum £1 if prices are low