Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

any good for tournys

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
unless newtons laws of physics dont apply to paintballs then all markers shoot the same distance......

its simple if you break it down....all markers shoot around the same speed (300fps)
ok and at the same time the ball is traveling forwards it is also accellerating toward the floor due to gravity (9.8ms^2)
so...if you take 2 markers and fire them both, assuming that both are held at the same or similar hight and the wind is not a factor etc....the balls will go the same distance before they hit the ground

as for one marker being more accurate than another thats 90% down to paint to barrel match and 10% to do with the user holding it steady under rapid fire.

Parksy

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Newcastle, UK
We back to the old range debate are we Matt :)

If you hold a your marker, say at shoulder level and point the barrel straight ahead of you, and take a single paintball and hold it at the level of your barrel, then fire the marker and drop the ball at the same time both will hit the floor at the same time (or there abouts) no matter how far the ball travels, simple physics I hear you say. :)

Got to disagree and say that markers fire the same distance, if the same set of variables applied, paint to barrel match, velocity, wind etc etc.

Have owned several Impys, a Rock IR3, more cockers than I care to remember (bring back my 99 STO all is forgiven :( ), and more and cannot say any have shot further than another, but what I could say is that some have been a hell of a lot more accurate than others :D

Dave

Missionaire Man

Truth be told
Sep 7, 2003
Swindon
chill

Lets all just agree to disagree about this and move on Ok? loads of people have this debate and it goes on and on, so guys call it a day, every one take a chill pill :cool: :D :cool:

le-pig

the brotherhood
May 16, 2002
isle of man
Visit site
chill

Originally posted by cesarbasanta
Lets all just agree to disagree about this and move on Ok? loads of people have this debate and it goes on and on, so guys call it a day, every one take a chill pill :cool: :D :cool:
nope your wrong ;)

slinky

rippin an awsome timmy
Sep 14, 2003
darlington
Visit site
300fps

the physics thing is rite nobody can really argue that its mainly down to the barrel it makes u think its firin further caus its more acurate cockers imps ir3s all im gonna say is ur gonna have 2 do a lot ov savin 2 get one ov these guns as im findin out now an inferno with the rite barrel will fire pritty much just as far n acurate as any ov these guns just not as fast but ne ways for tournies i would recomend startin on an impulse

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
chill

Originally posted by cesarbasanta
aggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm sick of this crap.

A paintball travelling in a normal trajectory at a given velocity (so no flatlines) will fly the same distance before hitting the ground whether fired from a cocker, spyder, mag, toilet roll tube or rolled up newspaper. Simple as that.
No one should have this debate, it's irrelevant.
Some markers are more consistent than others, that's the only real variable.
Can we stop this, accept the laws of physics as they stand (Newton will be pi$$ed otherwise) and stop arguing with scientific facts.
Ask a science teacher to explain it to you if you still don't accept this, but for god's sake don't post 'till you've checked your facts :)
Or look in the million other threads on the subject, which have all ended the same way.
It's G.C.S.E level physics, not rocket science.

Munkeh

Planet of the Apes
Jul 12, 2002
Cheshire
Visit site
Whoa, it aint GCSE physics... If ya fancy a nice cut down version of what happens then maybe! Ok lets see, what propels the ball? A cushion of air right? So is this cushion of air not what defines how the ball will travel? There are A LOT of variables to consider on how this cushion will be formed, is it regular/Irregular? If the cushion of air is regular then MAYBE your "Ooooo... its a perfect world" scenario will apply! But as soon as you have irregular air flows the paintball will spin, hence affecting both distance and accuracy (See any decent aerodynamic's textbook)! So no every marker, if you use the same paint/barrel and the consitenctecy is identical, will NOT will not be just as accurate or have the same range...

Anyone care to disagree? :D