Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Any sites where I can use my own?

crom-dubh

WHATEVER...
Sep 9, 2001
watford
Visit site
I really wouldnt recommend the sabotage mate. Its very cheap for a reason.
Tippmans are good markers but do need a bit of work done to them (reactive triggers and the like)

I am getting a piranha (like spyders but better build quality) which is gonna cost me about £130 ish for the top of the range model. This includes shipping from canada.

Joff

Web Monkey
Oct 28, 2002
UK
Visit site
Doh - now you've gone and given me more choices :mad:

I'll have to continue my hunt then - I'm off for my beauty sleep, I'll be back on here in the morning (whilst at work of course)...

Cheers for all your help!!

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Welcome

Joff,

If you want to get your own marker, you would be best to try as many out as possible. Paintball can be as cheap or expensive as you want, and what you need to determine is the level of commitment you want to go in at. You will likely find that certain marker's suit certain game / scenario types.

Before you purchase any of your own equipment you ought to get down to Sparklies for an Academy Day, or failing that a walk-on at something like L.P.S. (end of the month near St Alban's). A lot of the people who post on this thread are often there, and have a wealth of experience about Pball. I'm sure if your very nice they may even let you ohhhh and ahhhhhh over there markers (if your very very nice you may even get to breath on the odd trigger!!!). As long as people are polite I've let normal punters have a go on my Angel, and most others here follow the same policy (in fact some will spend hours helping you out / fixing your equipment).

We all tend to be biased re which marker is best, Tippmanns Vs pyders, Impy's Vs Matrix's Vs Angels Vs Timmy's, cockers versus electro's etc etc. So it's a very subjective and personal choice (likely influenced by your prefered game type). Some players swear by markers others turn the nose up, however these players are enjoying the own game in the scenario's they enjoy. It makes me quite angry when some people flame markers of which they have no experience off, or inject some marker snobbery into threads. Once i even heard a player say Angel's were cr*p markers because he had shot someone out twice with his Spyder. My response was, the marker dosen't make you a good player / baller, the marker's just a tool each with it's own benefits. Some players prefer limited paint, sniper type, woodland craft games, with accuracy over range. And others like fast moving Super Air games where Rate of Fire is crucial, and the game is fast paced in the open.

If you decide you want to progress to playing frequently or tournaments etc, a base marker may prove a false economy, and you will find yourself in a spiralling expense cycle which will likely end in re-mortgaging yours / your-parents house, alternatively you could turn to crime. The point I suppose is: the worst feeling in the world is being "out-gunned". It can also be easy to get a little dispondent in such situations, with games becoming turkey shoots; but remember some of the guy's your playing against may have invested 1000's of pounds in their equipment and have been playing many moons.

By talking to people and witnessing / taking part in the various scenario's you may find that with a little extra saving and with Santa just round the corner you'll get the marker and equipment you want. My ten pence worth.

Stongle(d)

Excuse the spelling my spellcheckers not working

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Joff
You said earlier in the thread that the guys you play with don't have their own kit. Well if you ask the nice Sparklie lady in advance, she'll loan your friends site kit for the Academy days as well.
Academies aren't just playing games (though you do get some of that of course), there's also various training drills run & hopefully there should be some top pro teams coming up next year to put us all through the mill. There's also a gun tech on site at all of them to help sort out any little techy problems you may have with your marker & give advice. Nice mix of markers for you to try out all the way from 2nd hand Tippmans to Voodoo Impulses & tricked out Angels etc, most of us who go up there will let you try out our pride & joy if you ask nicely.

spyderflashlcd23

Watch out your gunna get
Oct 14, 2002
High Wycombe, Bucks
Visit site
Originally posted by crom-dubh
I really wouldnt recommend the sabotage mate. Its very cheap for a reason.
Tippmans are good markers but do need a bit of work done to them (reactive triggers and the like)

I am getting a piranha (like spyders but better build quality) which is gonna cost me about £130 ish for the top of the range model. This includes shipping from canada.
If i were you i wouldn't buy stuff from America cause they often want you to wire the money so that you get screwed if it gets stuck in customs, unless you know some one in the American forces who have an APO box (i know people that do), thats if your getting it from the states.

I'm also getting the pro ts (so is my cousin), but i am getting it with the mako storm frame (this one costs around $300)should be getting it when either when my freind from the American Navy receives it through the post or when Dave from Rekka gets back with one, either way im getting it before my cousin gets his.:D :D :D :D

Joff

Web Monkey
Oct 28, 2002
UK
Visit site
stongl - cheers for the essay, A for content, A* for effort! ;)

Some good points - as I've only played rec ball, with the odd Speedball thrown in, I've not really experienced games where rate of fire wins the day, but I know my budget and I can't see myself investing much more into a marker for at least a year or two (I have a couple of other expensive hobbies... one that involves shoehorning a 2 litre turbo engine into a Corsa! ;))...

I suppose my shortlist would have the odd Spyder and Tippmann in there, but the Academy day at Sparklies does sound like the ideal time to "test drive" a variety of markers.

Liz - the Acdemy days are sounding better and better! When is the next day out of interest??

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Next Academy Sunday 17 November, there's usually 1 a month.
Sup'air plus woodland & a village field. Shop with nice shiney toys for sale MMMMMMMMM:) , decent brick-built flushing toilets, tuck shop including penny sweets. Paint at walk-on type prices at academies.