The Home Of European Paintball

Any sites where I can use my own?

spyderflashlcd23

Watch out your gunna get
Oct 14, 2002
High Wycombe, Bucks
Visit site
liz-im confused

i thought acadamy days were when you sort of teach peopleto play at Sparklie's feild but then i am also seeing alot about a walkon (which i have even posted about) on the same day.

so are they the same or what.:confused:

Julesbloke

Apr 11, 2002
Midlands, UK
Visit site
Back to the original question :D

In my experience, most paintball sites in the midlands won't let you use your own gun on a normal punter day. UNLESS your group is a large one and you're playing each other, not "strangers", then you'll be OK because it's your booking.

The only site I know of that will let you is Rebel in Leicester ( http://www.rebel-sports.co.uk ). They insist on chrono'ing it and checking your kit for safety - but I wouldn't expect anything less. Then you're good to go.

The only proviso is that they don't encourage "punter hunters" turning up with tricked out tourney markers - if the regular customers complain about the gun being too good (bearing in mind they could well be first time players) you'll be asked to stop using it. If it's just a standard recball gun type you'll be OK. Last time I was there I was using my Inferno T3 and there were 2 guys with Tipmans and a bloke with a Spyder, the site uses standard Infernos. No one had any complaints.

The only thing to watch out for is the rather high extra paint cost!

Apart from that, your best bet would be to ring round any sites in your area - they may do walkon days where your mates can borrow the recball kit too.

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
liz-im confused

Originally posted by spyderflashlcd23
i thought acadamy days were when you sort of teach peopleto play at Sparklie's feild but then i am also seeing alot about a walkon (which i have even posted about) on the same day.

so are they the same or what.:confused:
Academy days a designed mostly for less experienced players to learn & improve their play, & for people getting back into the sport after a break. As such, most attendees have their own kit though Sparklie will lend site stuff to people who haven't yet got their own together. The emphasis is on learning & improvement rather than just playing games for fun.
At the same time, you get to play a number of games anyway & have a laugh as well as learning stuff. It's also a good way to get to know other people who play in the area, & maybe find a team to play with if you want to do tourneys.
So........ training it is, but with many elements of a walk-on day (own kit mostly, variety of fields, not too much pressure if you want to take it easy)

Morter

Jul 31, 2002
Bristol
I really should get around to going to a academy sometime.....maybe the Xmas walk-on type thing.....

4 Action sport in Norwich will let you use your own marker on punter days, dunno what they'd say if you turned up with a Angel or something but something like a Spyder would be ok

there is a website somewhere but i always forget the URL.... maybe this but i may be wrong... :)

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Joff,

Forget about banging in the 2.litre luump into a small car, it can only end in tears (believe me I know). I've been in Zetec S purgatory since i got banned for speeding in the Williams a few years ago!!!! Spend the money on Pball..

Mind you, just got rid of the points (all 9 for the one offence), and the Civic Type R is looking very tasty though (will sell the misses for it: 5 buck........)!!!

Seriously, you're best bet is to get down to Sparklie's just to see what is going on anyway (even if hangover and not playing), this will give you a good idea of the kit on offer, whatever level your thinking off. Also if you don't mind going second hand, sometimes you can pick mahhhhoooosive bargains in the classified section, just keep checking...

laterzzz

Dude.

Dec 23, 2001
East of E-Numberia
Visit site
back to an earlier question ....

The only time you can use personal paint (ie not site paint) is if sparklie is informed before event, its common courtesy.

As for walkons again, just let her know, and she'll see if there is availability on the day for you to join a bigger group. DONT just turn up and expect a game.

and the diablo sabotage..... uhoh.
Crom have you actually shot the thing??
the standard pnumatic version is ok, but the trigger is nasty, and sloppy. The electro version, im worried about because of the exposed micro switch for the trigger.
ive shot one, ove a range, and chopped every third ball, litterally.

stick to the tried and tested brands, Kingman/spyders, Piranahs, infernos, and tippmanns.
But always have a go with em in a game (if ya can) before you buy.
Another great thing about academy days. People generally speaking are willing to let you try their toys for a game or two if you ask them nice enough.