Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

any teams shooting 50 cal this season

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Where do you buy those from then? Last I heard PE said they hadnt got plans for production.
I think you're right, Planet only demonstrated that they could do a kit if necessary, but they're not making/selling them and presumably won't unless there's a significant take up of .50, so don't expect them any time soon.

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
As I understand it, making a drop in kit for spoolies is alot harder as the bolt would need to be totally redesigned whereas guns like an Ego just need the tip of the bolt changed so that it could slide through the drop in kit.

sundance1968

sundance1968
Jan 26, 2009
nottingham
drop in kit

i had no interest in 50 cal, but after reading this thread and realising that there is the possibility of a kit for my marker its suddenly made me think of the possibilities:)

darren lewis

Once a month trainer
Sep 3, 2007
Is there anyone out there, Thinking of training with the 50 cal ball?

That's if you have spare marker.

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
No guarantees it will even take off. It would be a highly risky investment getting a 50cal marker, hopper and having to bring your own 50cal paint everywhere, as from what I have seen it is not widely available. Then review the situation in 6-12months.

Until there is full support from the major paint, hopper and marker companies nothing will change. Not many people like being forced to use 1 brand just because they are the only people that make something.

kamikaze_chris

"DODDSY"
Dec 3, 2008
i dont have a marker but i for one would be willing to play with it and give it a chance!! only way i can ever make a decision on it is to play with it in a competative situation.