Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

any teams shooting 50 cal this season

The Vibe took the Ion system and improved on it. It changed the circuit board, the solenoid and improved the performance on CO2 however I believe the fire rate was limited to 11 bps to prevent freezing of the valve on CO2. It was pitched cheaper than the Ion but it was a step up and the cost reduction was based upon more streamlined manufacturing and expected volumes.

A much closer comparrison could be done between the Vibe and the GI Micro

From the pictures the un-educated (no offence) may well see that the two markers are the same. The valve systems and bolt are similar although there are some machining differences on the Nano is slightly different. The bolt works similar to the Vibe which in turn is similar to the DM in some ways.

The circuit board also looks the same but a few components are different as indeed is the software on board.

Other differences between the Vibe and the Nano are;

• Nano is a machined & annodised aluminium body - Vibe is plastic.
  • Nano is hoseless design - Vibe has hose to front reg
  • Nano has an adjustable LPR built into the Grip Frame - The vibe is the standard front mount type
  • Nano has removable eye covers

So in reality the Nano is a cross between the Micro and the Impulse.

The Milsim boys have been very good at smart manufacturing and have utilised where possible the same (or very similar) parts across their marker range. So there will be a lot of similarities and likewise techs familiar with one type will have a good head start on the others.

I'm playing with a Micro and an FM today - oh toys, I like toys!!!!.

I didnt say that was a bad thing.

Dont forget in your spiel the Vibe doesnt have eyes. The nano does.

Im a big fan of the way the ion works. The newer designs by SP are basicly a carbon copy of the lucky stage 5/5.1 ion bodies that were released a couple of years earlier. The board is in a much better position in the vibe which avoids the abysmal tolerances that come from moulding the frames.
For me working like an ion is a plus. All other things being equal its going to be more reliable than a shocker configuration.

People were asking how the gun works. You can compare it to other guns nobody has ever used like the impulse. The air comes through the grip frame which I suppose is very exciting if your 13.
The moving parts, the board position etc are from the vibe.

Edit nice to hear they improved the software. Tthey could hardly have made it any worse.

Spike

Platinum Member
Nov 11, 2001
Essex, England
www.GIMILSIM.com
I didnt say that was a bad thing.

Dont forget in your spiel the Vibe doesnt have eyes. The nano does.

Im a big fan of the way the ion works. The newer designs by SP are basicly a carbon copy of the lucky stage 5/5.1 ion bodies that were released a couple of years earlier. The board is in a much better position in the vibe which avoids the abysmal tolerances that come from moulding the frames.
For me working like an ion is a plus. All other things being equal its going to be more reliable than a shocker configuration.

People were asking how the gun works. You can compare it to other guns nobody has ever used like the impulse. The air comes through the grip frame which I suppose is very exciting if your 13.
The moving parts, the board position etc are from the vibe.

Edit nice to hear they improved the software. Tthey could hardly have made it any worse.
I was assuming blackheart boards for a like for like comparrisson - these had eyes. I also left out that the vibe had volume controlling sleeves that you added to the chamber for adjustment.

Abismal toleances from molding? Tolerances really come from the drawing and not the manufacturing. Especially the stack up of tolerances when you are working with multiple parts designed by many people to fit into one assembly. Of course the supplier can make it wrong which is what I think you really mean - yes plastic parts can be tricky to get right but it depends on the QC procedures followed by the supplier. Like every paintball company in the world - they can all make crap - it depends what they do with that crap to ensure it does not enter the remainder of the production process and then on to the customer. Sample inspections, First and last batch testing, SPC etc. Yes plastics can be a problem to keep right but with the right control plan and proper adherence you can reduce the re-grind considerably whilst ensuring the product is correct. Remember the ISO phrase - we can make crap as long as our doccumentation shows that thats what we're supposed to do. On a side note - plastic headlamps and PC lenses for them caused me nothing but grief in a former life.

Lots of people have used an impulse - maybe not the latest incarnation or did I read this wrong. The moving parts are different from the Vibe. Similar in design but actually machined with some differences. The size of the valve itself is considerably different as to is the air chamber.

The hoseless design is a bonus for some - it bothers me not if with or without front hose, but asthetically it is more pleasing to the eye without that hose running to the front. So I guess I must be considered a 13 year old - 13 going on 39!

Spike

Platinum Member
Nov 11, 2001
Essex, England
www.GIMILSIM.com
It did start to digress there didn't it.

Can't name names as there is nothing final yet but there are a couple that I know are considering it. One has told me that they definately want to convert as they want to reduce their costs this year. The issue until recently has been getting hold of enough equipment. I say until recently but I learned this morning from the Pie'd Piper that all the Nano's he got this week have already been sold.

I know one particular team team that is seriously considering it as they have just lost a major part of their sponsorship an will now have to pay for all of their paint in the Millenniums ;)

ShimmerShot

Platinum Member
Apr 1, 2008
Midlands
I know one particular team team that is seriously considering it as they have just lost a major part of their sponsorship an will now have to pay for all of their paint in the Millenniums ;)
DAMN! well ain't they lucky that you seem to like them

Spike

Platinum Member
Nov 11, 2001
Essex, England
www.GIMILSIM.com
DAMN! well ain't they lucky that you seem to like them
I like most people - not sure what you imply there but perhaps that sounded like they were getting sponsored - far from it. They are considering it as they will have to pay their way more than last year. Just working out the rough figures based upon training usage last year they will save nearly £5k off their yearly bill. Of course you have to take into account equipment costs but then most of these guys buy a new gat every year anyway - so that could be negated plus its only a cost in year one after that its a saving year on year.

ShimmerShot

Platinum Member
Apr 1, 2008
Midlands
I never meant to imply that, just trying to sound as neutral, obs need to work on that don't mean to upset you Sir

Spike

Platinum Member
Nov 11, 2001
Essex, England
www.GIMILSIM.com
I never meant to imply that, just trying to sound as neutral, obs need to work on that don't mean to upset you Sir
dont worry you didnt - no need to call me sir but I like the ring it has LOL. Pipes and I spoke about sorting out a try out day in teh not too distant future. We have a lot on our plates at the moment but we'll let everyone know when for sure.