Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

any teams shooting 50 cal this season

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
I'm certainly looking forward to people on opposing teams using it, never did like the pain of getting shot ;)

I was assuming blackheart boards for a like for like comparrisson - these had eyes. I also left out that the vibe had volume controlling sleeves that you added to the chamber for adjustment.

Abismal toleances from molding? Tolerances really come from the drawing and not the manufacturing. Especially the stack up of tolerances when you are working with multiple parts designed by many people to fit into one assembly. Of course the supplier can make it wrong which is what I think you really mean - yes plastic parts can be tricky to get right but it depends on the QC procedures followed by the supplier. Like every paintball company in the world - they can all make crap - it depends what they do with that crap to ensure it does not enter the remainder of the production process and then on to the customer. Sample inspections, First and last batch testing, SPC etc. Yes plastics can be a problem to keep right but with the right control plan and proper adherence you can reduce the re-grind considerably whilst ensuring the product is correct. Remember the ISO phrase - we can make crap as long as our doccumentation shows that thats what we're supposed to do. On a side note - plastic headlamps and PC lenses for them caused me nothing but grief in a former life.

Lots of people have used an impulse - maybe not the latest incarnation or did I read this wrong. The moving parts are different from the Vibe. Similar in design but actually machined with some differences. The size of the valve itself is considerably different as to is the air chamber.

The hoseless design is a bonus for some - it bothers me not if with or without front hose, but asthetically it is more pleasing to the eye without that hose running to the front. So I guess I must be considered a 13 year old - 13 going on 39!
I think I meant the quality of the casting not moulding (moulding is plastics?).
Whatever the reason is that the ion grip frames are all very different from one to the next. Thats why it was a great idea to move the board out of the frame.

To reiterate I dont mean to imply basing the design on the Ion/Vibe is a bad thing.
Its just when youve had to fix as many as I have, you develope a semi psychotic love hate relationship with them.

Spike

Platinum Member
Nov 11, 2001
Essex, England
www.GIMILSIM.com
But the ion was plastic was it not? The Nano is currently machined - not cast! Yes it seems crazy but the bodies are all machined at present. The grip is a cast but of course an alloy.