Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Anyone ever got a barrel stuck on a gun?

Narkadox

The Man With The Golden Gun
Jan 3, 2013
If yes how did you get it off please?

So I brought a Lucky 5.1 body for an Ion I've been doing up but it turns out some had manufacturing defects which meant the internal bore of the breach wasn't milled out wide enough and won't let the gun accept certian barrels (like the Freak back I brought for it.) The breach is a tiny bit too narrow and you can't push them in far enough to get to the threads.

So I got some sand paper and gradually sanded down the back of the Freak, trying it after each bit of paper to see if it would fit. After about 2 and a bit sheets it went in and I could finally screw it in. Must have needed a tad bit more though because now I can't unscrew the ****er again. Not the end of the world but seeing how the 5.1 is AC threaded it would be handy to have the Freak back.

So the solutions that come to mind now are:

Rubber Gloves
Strap Wrench
Bit of WD-40 in the Breach

Anyone else got some?

Narkadox

Jan 3, 2013
Yea I did think about maybe sticking the tip in some Ice or something. Also thought about maybe using an Iron to try and heat up the body to see if I can expand it a tad.

Looks like I'll be doing some experimenting this weekend.

Narkadox

Jan 3, 2013
So Cooling it didn't work. Heating it didn't work. WD40 didn't work. I did manage to turn it maybe half a CM with just sheer frustrated strength :mad: but I killed my hands on the insert cut outs.

So inspired by Jim's inner tube comment I went and brought a pair of thick industrial type rubber gloves. And it twisted right off like it was never stuck haha :cautious:

Reactions: Jake_134