Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Anyone tried anodizing at home ?

baudsenseless

PMGWC #3
May 27, 2010
A friend of mine did try some at home Anodizing, he offered to do some bits for me but never got round to it. He did however do for my team mate Gadget a pump marker in purple. Although the job was quite good, because he had to do each bit on its own the anno was slightly different colours - I think that gadget did sell the marker on here.

For the small bits you have it will be worth a try, but from what my friend said, it was a load of hassle !!!!!
I bought it lol and still have it! it was sold as bad anno but to be honest I think its pritty dam good!!

YORKSHIRE_LAD

Jun 12, 2011
Quick update.

got all the gear this afternoon and decided to get the process going, so.

First i placed 2ltrs of water in a bucket and added 3 cap fulls of caustic soda, gave it a quick stir then added the barrel trigger and cap all started fizzing away. It doesnt take long at all to remove the old anno maybe mins.

then i added the acid as described in the link i put up earlyer it did fizz a bit but personall i think i need to add more acid as its abit weak and not anodising the parts properly cos when i tried to dye the parts it wouldnt stick.

currently have some nice silver parts which look ok but im gonna keep going with this till i get it right so will keep updating as i go.

I did take some pics and will upload sometime this weekend.

Reactions: Random Invert

TrustMe

Still Kicking
Sep 4, 2014
SoCal, USA
Wouldn't recommend it if you only doing a few pieces, cost way more in the end and the headache that comes with it.

renie

Mar 2, 2008
For how much your spend on the correct setup it would be a he'll of a lot cheaper getting it done professionally, that is if you use the right people ;) there's so many factors in correct anodising people don't realise..
The whole the parts that were bubbling is the acid eating away at the material!! the mix needs to be the correct strength and ph level and also timing is everything, also the dying process needs to be done in the correct solution with the correct voltage and amp regulation, I've seen anno rub of guns before where it's not been done right, also the sealing process should be done at the right temperature.
Good luck with it but I've seen so many bad mistakes..

TrustMe

Still Kicking
Sep 4, 2014
SoCal, USA
dying process needs to be done in the correct solution with the correct voltage and amp regulation
Renie, this is new news to me didn't realized dipping anno parts in dyes required voltage currents, thought that was done in the anno bath before dying. Sorry if I misunderstood you.