Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

APEX barrels ... do you own one?

Scott I posted this somewhere else on this forum.

I only got to test the gun in my back garden, so I cant comment on the very long range performance...

---------------

I just used one today and I really like the idea.

Its simple, easy to use and most of all its effective.

I put 500 rounds of chronic (from the indoor in Dec) through the barrel.

The concistency with a normal CP one peice barrel was +- 2, when I changed to the apex (with the dialer off) it went down slightly to around +- 3.
I couldnt notice the difference in accuracy though, both barrels were ball on ball.

So I tried the dialer thingy. It works suprisingly well.
The shots were still ball on ball, they all took the same curve in the air and landed in the same place.

The other settings give similar results. I would say the vertical settings are more effective than the left and right ones.

One thing to note is the barrel is EXTREMELY LOUD.

All in all I put 500 shots of pretty brittle paint through it, and even on maximum settings it didnt break paint.

Sticking it on ramping and seeing 20 paintballs per second draw a curve through the air is very cool.

People can slag this barrel off as some punter recball thing. But one thing is for certain, if you put this on a gun that can do 20bps it is potentially an awesome elimination tool.

scott essery

Jul 6, 2005
www.unrealpaintball.co.uk
thanks for your views john

very interesting

im learning about the apex myself and want to get the best out of it as a player as well as sell them.

i dont want to sell rubbish if thats how people find it.

im glad your happy with it and im pleased that you can get 20pbs without too much hassel

if your rubber ramp starts to wear i can get spares

scott

lambourne

May 29, 2005
surrey
Visit site
apex

i have fitted the apex end to a 12 inch freak barrel, to improve short to medium range accuracy also uses less air pre shot.

i found the apexs short to medium range had poor accuracy compared to the freak barrel, but the apex has a 3rd extra range.

mixing both barrels has given me the best Features of both barrels. the only minus to this is the end is now fix, but i found the end to easy to move out of alignment and i was forever checking to make sure it was going to shot straight and not around a corner.

hope this helps:D