Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Are DYE & PROTO the same company

Spooly

PMGWC #16
Jul 9, 2011
Bournemouth
this is something ive always wondered about..... are they separate companies or what ?

or is it like GAME & GAMESTATION are the same company ever since game bought them out

Mclovin101

Apr 3, 2008
I think Proto are Dye entry level product.

I may be wrong but they owed by the same people

Last edited:

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
As stated, Proto is Dye's sister company, along with several others such as Dye Snow and Dye CNC to name a couple.

Proto is centred around the budget end of the paintball market from producing some of the better basic rental masks out there, right up to the tournament scene, where most the dye line up will have a budget equivalent in the Proto range.

There is more of a gap between the two lines theses days than a few years ago, when the PM was more or less a DM without self cleaning eyes. However I'd still happily rock any of the top end Proto kit.

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
I thought all the parts are made in china or some such with the dye's being assembled in the states and the proto's assembled at source, or I might be about 5 years out of date with this information, or I might have made it all up in my confused mindbrain.

polar bears

Carlisle Paintball
Sep 2, 2013
Carlisle, UK
PROTO are more of a budget company, catering to people on budgets with lower priced guns, jerseys, masks e.c.t and DYE are focused on more expensive, higher end equipment.