Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Are Halo B loaders worth the money???

Burb

#1 Soi Cowboy.
Nov 27, 2001
Middleweight
Ok after failing to play this weekend, Me & Mr Collier pissed about with our markers and shot 4000 paintballs into piles of cowpat.
My conculsion of the hoppers was this.............

Egg (still havent face dived with it) - can feed my Impulse fine, no chops & rarely had a gap.
BUT with the Viking, gaps did occur quiet often. (viking capped at 30bps, impulse 25bps) - i am not stating that we reached these limits though.

To correct one of Pauls post about the cleaning of the egg, you can clean the inside with ease (i can even fit my fat hand right to the bottom) - so if you do chop you DONT have to dismantle the thing. The main problem i had with the halo was smashing paint in it, just to be out of the game and to have a very stressful time stripping the dam thing (even though mr collier will do it in 5minutes for a £50 charge)

I will not give a biased review unlike Manike and Paul ;), if my Egg is crap - i will willingly let you all know
:)

Oh and the Halo is overpriced, cause's the last few balls to chop, very heavy ect..... ;) :p :)

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Originally posted by Paul_collier
Fair enough! Might have to get mine done though, just cos..;)... any dissadvantages that you can see?
Only one... being without your halo for a week or two and having to use Burb's Evolution... Obviously that's a big disadvantage ;) :p

Burb

#1 Soi Cowboy.
Nov 27, 2001
Middleweight
What kinda paint do you people use?

Originally posted by Baca Loco
I have had my Halo B since August and have never broken paint in it shooting Vikings, Excals and Imps.
Severe / Diablo

I think people are talking about general breaks from diving, getting mugged on the hopper ect....

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
Pinching balls in the breech can cause enough fill to spray up that the sensor in the neck is occluded. With an Excaliber set to 20 BPS you will break if you rely on gravity alone (and allow the bolt to slap the ball a few times).

Low pressure cycling prevents most breaks, but there are occasional weak balls in most brands. The break can occur past the Halo and still gum up the insides by spraying up into the hopper from the feed neck.

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by gyroscope
Pinching balls in the breech can cause enough fill to spray up that the sensor in the neck is occluded. With an Excaliber set to 20 BPS you will break if you rely on gravity alone (and allow the bolt to slap the ball a few times).

Low pressure cycling prevents most breaks, but there are occasional weak balls in most brands. The break can occur past the Halo and still gum up the insides by spraying up into the hopper from the feed neck.
A little of topic.

At the weekend we put a ball half way in the breech of a viking, shot it 6 times before it broke, was pretty impressed!

Paul

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Burb
Ok after failing to play this weekend, Me & Mr Collier pissed about with our markers and shot 4000 paintballs into piles of cowpat.
My conculsion of the hoppers was this.............

Egg (still havent face dived with it) - can feed my Impulse fine, no chops & rarely had a gap.
BUT with the Viking, gaps did occur quiet often. (viking capped at 30bps, impulse 25bps) - i am not stating that we reached these limits though.

I'd say that occasionaly we did hit the limits, as in 2-3 shots together could well of been over the max feeding rate of the hoppers being used.

Paul