Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Are pirhanas good?

Oct 4, 2001
all over
Visit site
oh yeah, and vertical feed is better cos you dont need and elbow (i may be wrong with some cheap guns with vertical feed) and you reduce your guns profile cos the hopper is in the middle not out the side someware, so its also more balanced.

Chris[SAD YG]

Albino

Oct 23, 2001
Visit site
I have a pin valve, so that explains the gas. I have an STS Core, which is the STS without some features, like Ram Air or a venturi bolt. The barrel is the stock 11-in PMI "Perfect Pursuit." Is this barrel any good, or is the name just marketing? What's a good paint match for it? What should I upgrade first?

Thanks for the advice (you've probably noticed my newbieness;))
Albino

Oct 4, 2001
all over
Visit site
ok, i dont know the range very well but the basics are the same cos i have a spyder...well it used to be, you cant recognise it under all the work.

ok, the stock barrels on guns tend not to be great. but heres what to look for. porting it very important, but weather straight or spiral is a huge debate. if the gun is splash or fade anodised then you may hesitate to get a new barral but it is well worth it, it will give the best performance upgrade of any part in my opinion. And you cant realy buy a paint to fit a barrel, each case of paint is different due to maker, quality and then the conditions on the day. If its hot, paint expands, so at first its hit or miss with paint size, that is why pro guys have a number of barrels with different internal bores so the can choose on the day according to the paint.

upgrade wise, i dont know about ram air but if i remember it looks like a low pressure chamber, this is an important upgrade for a blowback semi........i just cnat remember y now, but trust me, i was a reliable source.

the rest is up to your own personal preference. if you want a venturi bolt then they can increase velocity and comsistancy, an afremarket expansion chamber or regulator if it doesnt have one already.

Very important if you dont have one already, an anti-syphon tube in your gas bottel. it is just a copper tube the extends to the middle of the bottle so that when tilted forward, liquid CO2 wont flow into your gun (which can be nasty to your internals).

also think about an on/off valve, just for convienence.

I dont know how much of that you know, sorry if i sound at all patronising, its not intended.

l8r dude

Chris[SAD YG]