Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Are there plans for a repeat Blackpool event or similar?

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
£300 for a 2-day M7 event! No wonder everybody wants a piece, its an absolute bargain, no wonder Rich is hesitant to hold another such event, he must be loosing money hand over fist at that rate.

Although I couldn't attend Blackpool, I did think it was a brave and altruistic attempt to bring tournament paintball to the public eye and, from all accounts, a very special event.

However, cut the guy some slack, putting on such an event anywhere else than at MPTC is going to cost Rich and Co a small fortune to stage, even if it is attended by a lot of teams, its still going to run at a loss. I don't know how much BOP dropped on their 'off site' events last year, but I'd bet it was a significant figure.

Not every event can run at a profit, and I bet more than you may think run at a loss, if you want to keep the series sustainable and want a special event I would suggest campaigning for a weekend event at Penkridge.

manic

Jan 25, 2010
i heard talk of a extreme sports festival that BOP were planning on putting an event on at, the event was going to have BMX skateaord and all that. that would be a good place, thinking that most people would be extreme sport enthusiasts would actuly make an effort to make the jump into paintball seeing how amazing it is. i kno blackpool was really good but maybe a diffrent venue.

manic

RICH HARRIS

The legend limps on
Nov 18, 2002
Living on the edge, often bouncing on a ledge
My thoughts on this are 50/50 at the moment. From my point of view last year was financially a disaster as a company and we were on the verge of giving it up, had it not been for the support of you guys :)

We have invested heavily in the last 18months to make the CPPS what it is so far, and from my view its a thousand miles away from the finished product i have in my head so still more work to be done. Problem is with the investment made we need to run a viable business to suport itself so it can continue to grow and become the vision we have and build a stable future for all of us.

Although Shrewsbury and Blackpool were a great PR excercise, but they were financial black holes as well as the roller coaster emotional drain :eek:

I did some rough maths and the only way to make it viable would be to have 24 teams @ £500 per team to come any where near breaking even. I am not happy charging that kinda fee so the only way to entertain this sort of event is to use the CPPS revenue to off set some of the entry fee.

Now the problem there is that we are already in talks to develop a new purpose built facility for the CPPS and the sport, as well as some other projects in the pipeline that are aimed at the grass routes level it stretches an already thin budget.

Dont get me wrong Im not rulling the event out as once the friday night came and i went on a 3 day bender it was a fantastic event and i loved it right up until the point of sobering up :rolleyes:

My point really is that to make it viable we need support for the actual exhibition event from teams across the country and also from the teams playing the CPPS as if that grows it gives us more to invest in things like this which is what we want to do long term.

Our main business ethos is one of honesty and transparency in all that we do. Those of you that attended the events can see where the investments have been made and where we will continue to evolve our business so it can better serve the paintball community.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I did some rough maths and the only way to make it viable would be to have 24 teams @ £500 per team to come any where near breaking even. I am not happy charging that kinda fee so the only way to entertain this sort of event is to use the CPPS revenue to off set some of the entry fee.

And why not? Millennium charge far more than that, and I know where i'd rather spend my hard earned.........

X ball squad, 7 people, 70 odd quid a head entry? F*ck me, all we need is 23 more teams.....

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Rich, £10,000 over two events, I'm impressed you came off that lightly, unless that's included any offset from the takings at the regular events.
When you say that the exhibition events gained yourselves PR how does that translate, has it brought new players/teams in or financial backing etc., or was it good feedback.

Don't get me wrong, What you have done in the past 18 months is incredible, building up a series running Millennium rules and fields with such goof customer feedback as well as providing a valuable training facility.

If it comes to a decision between ploughing it back in to the grass roots and facilities or putting on an exhibition event at a certain or possible loss to keep the players happy then it should fairly obvious which course to take.

I'm guessing that at the price you have quoted some will be having second thoughts on such an event.

Impulse raider

RAMPAGE/SNATCH
Jun 4, 2008
HAMPSHIRE
Agreed Dusty..... £500 for a two day event.. and as already pointed out 7 - 10 players cheap as chips...

I prefer the idea of being within the publics eye and im sure they loved it too...

Although i have heard great comments about CPPS site, it just wouldn't be the same..

So if it means Paying £500 to enter then so be it..

I know i would rather pay money into the uk sport than anywhere else..

May i suggest getting in hefty deposits from all those teams that wish to enter, this would then guage the interest of those who really want to play and seperate out the dreamers..

I am also sure that many teams would be willing to help out were they can behind the scenes should need be..

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
great event but would rather rich
concentrate on the series and turn this
and anew venue in to the dogs dangles

as a one off charge the earth and they shall come;):D:D

long live the cpps

long rest the masters