Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Are we, as mankind, devolving?

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
We are evolving, always, but into a more stupid & lazy species than before. That's not the same as devolving. We are evolving in this way because we have to do so little for ourselves anymore. We pay others to do things, or we simply expect them to do them at no charge.
In many western countries you can make a living by not going to work at all. That gives you much more time to bang away on your Mrs and make some offspring, who will then also opt to claim dole and live off the state.

Are the people that seem to have all the same luxuries as I do, but don't have to go out to work to earn them, more or less evolved than I am?

I'm the one busting my ass, they are the ones that found a way not to.
Their kids will already know how not to work for a living by the time they're 8.
The only way they can maintain their free existence is to keep having children.

It makes me want to go out and buy guns.

Reactions: Dusty

Dup

Aug 17, 2012
so now you are disagreeing with yourself?
nope :)

im saying that were above the diseases because of the education and medicine we have.

As said before, simple problems that we can combat would kill us if were were cavemen for example.

Like i said, natural selection is down to illness and food sources.

And we can combat both. We cant evolve, because were the apex predator (got a bit of chronicle in there) and we arent devolving because we can combat anything thats thrown at us. BUT as a whole, the world is getting lazy due to technology.

Saying that, we cannot compare ourselves to normal nature because a nucklehead that works at ASDA but goes to the gym all day, is yes, stronger than your average person, but stick him out in the wild and he will die pretty quick. Stick a 14 year old boyscout out there and he will be able to fend for himself due to the skills hes picked up. In nature, the strongest win. For humans, its about intelligence, which we have excelled in compared to the rest of the animal kingdom.

SO my point, were not devolving, or evolving. Were getting lazy and stupid. People should be forced to join one of the forces for a year i think, i know they do it in some countries. The skillset you get from that is amazing, no matter how dorky or gym ridden you are.

Reactions: metalfof

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
I have a feeling Buddha is aimed more towards intelligence of mankind. How the minds of the present day human beings is devolving.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
We are evolving, always, but into a more stupid & lazy species than before. That's not the same as devolving. We are evolving in this way because we have to do so little for ourselves anymore. We pay others to do things, or we simply expect them to do them at no charge.
In many western countries you can make a living by not going to work at all. That gives you much more time to bang away on your Mrs and make some offspring, who will then also opt to claim dole and live off the state.

Are the people that seem to have all the same luxuries as I do, but don't have to go out to work to earn them, more or less evolved than I am?

I'm the one busting my ass, they are the ones that found a way not to.
Their kids will already know how not to work for a living by the time they're 8.
The only way they can maintain their free existence is to keep having children.

It makes me want to go out and buy guns.
Exactly right, however these people tend to live in sh*tty places, scraping by, and generally being scummy. I'd rather go out and work and not be considered a scumball by anyone. Unless I win the Euromillions rollover sometime, in which case I'm buying an island.

Australia doesn't look too bad........

I completely agree with the fact we are evolving into a more stupid species than before. Reliance on others, reliance on technology, lack of common sense and a generally lax attitude are all contributing to a societal implosion. Might not be for 50 years, or 500 years but I do think something major will happen. Good people's tolerance will run out and there will then be a clearout of the wasters and malingerers.

Reactions: Henry.B

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
In 50 years they will outnumber us by so many that the country just wouldn't work, and you would have to move. Evolution on a global scale is going to be more about finding a secure place to live. where you can work and bring up your family in safety. Gated communities, security patrols, and eventually, a safe haven with closed borders and a immigration system that welcomes only those able to contribute. The rest of the world will decay once people stop paying for the masses to procreate. Eventualy the rich will hunt the scumbags for sport (well, for population control, but it will still be fun to do). War is only the answer if the scumbags do the fighting and dying, which is unlikely as they will just watch the show on the free cable they get. I'd rather be in the trenches with the Gypsies (so long as I didn't ahve anything valuable with me)

Jim Jam

Dusty's #1 Fan!
Jan 4, 2012
Horsham, West Sussex
Exactly right, however these people tend to live in sh*tty places, scraping by, and generally being scummy. I'd rather go out and work and not be considered a scumball by anyone. Unless I win the Euromillions rollover sometime, in which case I'm buying an island.

Australia doesn't look too bad........

I completely agree with the fact we are evolving into a more stupid species than before. Reliance on others, reliance on technology, lack of common sense and a generally lax attitude are all contributing to a societal implosion. Might not be for 50 years, or 500 years but I do think something major will happen. Good people's tolerance will run out and there will then be a clearout of the wasters and malingerers.
All in the Forces, from 16-18 then let them roam free....
A few will die along the way those will be the weak, then the strong will rise....
For Queen and Country thats what i say.

I'm happy to do my bit of work but we do rely a hell of a lot on technology.
(My opinion ^)

Last edited:

upzii

Platinum Member
Feb 27, 2011
nah blud, we iz well smart nah then init !! what u meen we be devulving fam?

If that's what your talking about then yes, yes we. Humanity is going down the pipe

Reactions: Dup

Dup

Aug 17, 2012
I wonder what americans now think of us. We take the piss out of them for missing out vowels like coloUr and saying things like "trash can" instead of "bin"......oh how the tides have turned

Reactions: upzii