Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Are we just a bunch of saps or do we have any power?

Blue Beanie

I <3 Summer!!!!!
Dec 27, 2009
Devon
202 views 9 replies well all players have nothing to bitch and moan about anymore:eek:
because you can`t be harrised to reply:tsk:
I must say that i disagree with what you have said.
I have read all of the replies but I fell that I am in no position to give a fair and well structured reply. Not because I cannot be "harrised".
sorry if i have misunderstood what you have said but i took it this way.

Reactions: Raul

Blue Beanie

I <3 Summer!!!!!
Dec 27, 2009
Devon
cool you took it the right way and hell yes you replied:p:D
that is the point mate we all seem to wait for the other guy to reply:)
thank god :D
it's just that the mods never seem to appreciate most people saying anything unless it is well backed up and i can understand this but am never sure so normally wait for someone else to bite the bullet :behindsofa:

Reactions: Biscuit

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Pete

If what you want is for paintball to be recognised by the Sports Council as a sport, then I can tell you what needs to be done.

PM or bell me if you want to know.

If I've got the wrong end of the stick, just ignore me.

xJoe

Relative Newcomer
Oct 28, 2009
Do forgive me, as i definatley do not have the number of years of experience as you guys but i do not see a problem at all with paintball? what are we trying to fix?

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
And of the subject of the MS listening to UK teams, forget it - it's not going to happen.

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
Do forgive me, as i definatley do not have the number of years of experience as you guys but i do not see a problem at all with paintball? what are we trying to fix?
For a new player to the scene all seems rosy but for guys who have been round a bit (im only a recent player-6-7 years or so now) they have seen the number of teams plumet, the tourney scence dessimated and the retention of players be almost non existent.

I agree with many points raised, players these days are lazy and feckless and want something for nothing and all of the work done for them. We want people to represent us but nobody wants to do it, and even those who bother to try fail to get the support of those that they are standing for.

The tourney scene in the UK is the best its been in the last few years with lots availbale catering for a wide range of players. and those that want to play in Europe still find a way to do it. The MS caters for but does not listen to its players, other tournies have tried (Grand Tour) but failed to provide the same facilities as the MS, should the players forget about being listen to and put up and shut up?

My questions to you Pete are;

What caused the change in players mentality and when did it start?
Are we holding onto a bubble and wishing for the past? the good times have gone for some but for the new breed these are in the good times.

Reactions: Robbo and Biscuit

Penfold

Feb 19, 2011
Stevenage, UK
First off, I don't play paintball competitively, so everything I write here is somewhat speculative.

The problem I see is that paintball isn't taken seriously enough at a competitive level for people to be able to commit to it in such a way that tournaments are fully subscribed to.
For example, football players get paid lord-knows-how much a week, paintballers don't get paid to run around and shoot people, we have to hold down day jobs working crap hours all day and night and we just can't drop that at a moments notice to... run around and shoot people. We don't see any gain for the commitment we'd have to put in.
On top of that, we pay way over the odds as far as gear and fuel prices go.
I'm trying to not be overly negative but it's kind of hard.

When I lived in North Dakota it was exactly the same, there was a decent sized core of paintball players with no way to get to a tournament apart from once every few years when the National Guard of all organizations hosted a MOVING tournament from one city to the next. Maybe that's the answer - have a tournament which is hosted at several locations, teams sign up to one of the sites and play only there? But again there needs to be decent funding in place for it to be worth while for people to actually attend.

Of course, this won't attract everyone, because that's essentially ignoring the "scenario" paintballers, so does this mean we need TWO series', or are the scenario players happy with the occasional big game like NvS?

I think we, as people that own our own kit, ignore the "bread and butter" of the paintball business, the site operators, such as DF, Sab, Apoc to name a few that I actually know of, there are some GREAT sites out there, and there are some CRAP ones, too, but they all have plenty in common, especially the chain sites such as DF -- they aren't promoting people to actually get involved into buying their own gear. I think plenty of punters think that if they want to play ball they'll have to travel down to some site and pay £6 for 100 balls, which isn't fair, really. No other sport does this, does it? You don't have to pay £6 every time you want to play 30 minutes of football!

The uptake of the sport would be incredible if there was some way of getting people more interested into getting into buying their own gear, joining a team (something I've yet to do) and get involved at their local site/tournament.

Ramble over.

Reactions: Robbo and Biscuit

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
cool go for it ,if you are respectful and are not abusive there is no problem
robbo and his mods are cool with a none abusive argument:)