Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Are we running out of paintball tech

Robo

Aug 7, 2013
Been looking at guns over the past few years and it seems that technology in paintball guns are slowing down. what else can they improve on as i think we are reaching the pinnacle of marker performance. what are your views

scott_peters

London Impact
Jul 9, 2007
cambridge
Of course not :) the new LV is a totally different design with different internals over previous Ego's - I think with the amount of money companies spend on R&D these days there are always room for change

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
To a degree I agree with you both. At the end of the day a marker needs to be able to spit paint out at 10.5bps or in some tourneys 12 bps consistently ans without smashing it to bits.all modern markers can do that these days. Efficiency is more than adequate on all modern markers, gone are the days where a shocker got 800 balls out of a 68/4500.

Paint should be the next step.

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
a lot of the changes in markers have come about from changes in rules and changes to what is required.

when everyone shot semi auto everyone wanted a gun that could shoot as fast as possible, nothing else mattered, guns weighed twice what they do now, had bits bolted on to them and most of them were a royal pain in the ass to keep them working consistently, if it shot 30 bps it didnt matter if it only shot 4 pods from a tank, it didnt matter how heavy it was or how tall it was, no one cared if it needed a full strip clean and service after every other case of paint, its job was to throw as much paint as possible and not break the paint. Most serious players had at least 2 guns and in most cases they cost more than a top end gun does these days

then fixed rates of fire came in and markers slowly became more and more refined, right now the average player looking to buy a top end marker wants something that shoot nice and smooth and doesn't kick (because they are all soft and never played when guns didnt kick because they weighed a tonne), is light, easy to maintain etc...
the technology in the guns will continue to advance as long as there are advancements to make and as long as changes to requirements occur, gone are they days when you spend £700-800 on a gun then at least the same again to customize it and bring it up to standard, guns these days work out of the box to do the job they are designed to do.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Been looking at guns over the past few years and it seems that technology in paintball guns are slowing down. what else can they improve on as i think we are reaching the pinnacle of marker performance. what are your views
This question has been asked every year since I can remember.