Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

ASA bolt sizes?

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Screws that screw downwards from the inside of the frame and press against the rail? Grub screws, still #10-32 thread, as are the clamping screws on quite a lot of the expanding-dovetail type rails such as CP and Eclipse dovetail rails.
Thats the ones, just wanted to check if they were a standard size or if I am going to have to tap it to M5.
Jim, you're just sooooo technically minded, it kills me.;)
I know Tom, but I don't see the need to be technically minded when I can happily kick the f*ck out of people :D

Plus, I'm a demon in bed :p

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
Thats the ones, just wanted to check if they were a standard size or if I am going to have to tap it to M5.

I know Tom, but I don't see the need to be technically minded when I can happily kick the f*ck out of people :D

Plus, I'm a demon in bed :p
A standard American size, bit of a pain to get on this side of the pond though. It's very close to M5 but I've had to drill out more than one M5 screw seized solid in a #10-32 hole, so they're not interchangeable. You can very quickly run an M5 tap through the hole to open it up, but it'd be better to use the right screw in the first place :p

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
A standard American size, bit of a pain to get on this side of the pond though. It's very close to M5 but I've had to drill out more than one M5 screw seized solid in a #10-32 hole, so they're not interchangeable. You can very quickly run an M5 tap through the hole to open it up, but it'd be better to use the right screw in the first place :p

Bloody yanks, have to everything the odd way. Plus they have sooo much stuff that we don't it is obscene, but at least our chocolate is nice :D

I was going to tap it to m5 and use m5 grub screws, but you are dead right, I'd rather use the stock size if possible. It's just easier......

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
5mm is so close to 10/32 unf, but you wouldnt want to tap it to m5 as the pitch is just enough of a difference to matter.

Rebel Tackleberry

Mar 23, 2010
I need a couple of ASA bolts, socket head cap screw from the pictures. Need long ones that I measure at approx 1 & 1/8 inch to 1 & 1/4 inch (approx 28mm-31mm).

If any of you guys have any I'd be gratfeul. Let me know how much you want.

I'll also be at NvS if anyone happens to be there, rather than post.