The Home Of European Paintball

ASA issues

vDubLeics

Leicestershire Paintballer
Apr 9, 2014
Leicestershire
www.TrueStreet.co.uk
hi.
i have an old skool pump and i believe the ASA adapter is causing me problems.

when i put my HPA bottle on the marker it DOESN'T leak but it pumps fine and i get 1 good shot. the second pump is a bit rough and the second shot has really poor velocity. after that i cant pump the gun or shoot it.

there is an 'O' ring in the ASA that covers half the hole inside the ASA, when i remove the HPA bottle it goes with a pop (like there is lots of pressure inside. and if i remove the 'O'' ring like in my A5 ans spyder it leaks alot of gass

sorry for the poor pick but i hope they explain what i mean

with 'O' ring
https://www.flickr.com/photos/truestreetuk/14095792251/
Without 'O' ring
https://www.flickr.com/photos/truestreetuk/14095793061/

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
That's not an oring, remove it as it's partly blocking the hole restriction the air thats getting through and may be preventing the cylinders regulator pin from full depressing

Check this vid:

Make sure you have an oring on the neck of the cylinders regulator as in the video.
Idealy use an oring pick rather than a knife (same thing as a dentist tooth poking tool - you can get these on paintball multi tools or dental tools in local market tool stalls - or use a toothpick etc)

He says to oil the oring on the bottle neck
Usually we say no to oil or lube near air systems - they are very bad at the fill nipple end, but safe at the output end
Lube the oring slightly (using oil or grease as per your guns maintenance guide) and that will prolong its life.

Check the condition of the oring in the ASA (the one that is left I your 'without' picture
If it's good then try again now
If there is a leak or any issues try dropping in a second o-ring into the ASA - but a standard o-ring, not like the one that has been there

vDubLeics

Leicestershire Paintballer
Apr 9, 2014
Leicestershire
www.TrueStreet.co.uk
That was the issue, i thought it was when i looked but just wanted to check... i have only done a quick test shot but everything seems 200% better, i took the rubber washer out and put 2 Orings in (because they where really thin and it works a treat) cant wait to go and run a load of paint through it...

thanks Tommikka