Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Attention Midlands paintballers - Indoor training!

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
Feel left out having read about indoor training centres being started up everywhere it seems but the Midlands?
Want a cheap, simple and accessible place to train without worrying about getting soaked or snowed on!
Worry no longer.

Quadball in association with Warped Paintball can now offer you cheap affordable training several times a week. What has been set up is a large playing area covered with bark chippings which is split up using a series of nettings. There are plans for the facilities to be greatly improved in the very near future with a brand new sup air field coming in, and the possibility of getting reball in use once some changes are made!

Currently there are the following sessions available for use by anybody:-

Monday nights 6pm - 10pm = BEGINNER night, if you are a new player, looking for a tourny team, or a novice tourny player or just want to get some trigger time with free help and advice from experienced coaches and pro players then get yourself down there.
On the Monday night sessions the playing area will be split into 3 smaller areas.
1.small speedball area
2.small supairball area
3.small "drills" area
You can simply play a few games in your own time or join in with any coaching/drilling sessions in place. A completely relaxed atmosphere with no pressure on the players. It is completely down to you what you decide to work on!

Saturday mornings 8.30am - 12.30pm = an OPEN SESSION, ANYONE who just wants to get some trigger time and have a few fun games is welcome.
On Saturday morning it will be either 1 larger rec field in play or one full-size supairball field, depending on numbers and demand.
The exact same thing, come play as much as you like, or as little as you like.

Closed sessions are also available at other times of the week for teams to hire with/without supairball field/air/coaching. WCU and Cannock Cobras are already down for some private use, so dont miss out and get in early! Jim Frensham is co-ordinating these so get in touch if you want to book a regular monthly session for your team, email jim.frensham@warpedsports.com regarding the indoor training centre :)

Now the important stuff!

The COST = Cost of either session is TEN POUNDS if you bring your own air, or TWELVE POUNDS if air is required. Yesterday morning we were all getting fills up to 3000psi off dive bottles, reducing down to roughly 2000psi after 4 hours of about 20 people using the air. This was more than sufficient to run any drill I felt I should work on, or for anybody to comfortably shoot a few pots in games of up to 7-a-side.

The PAINT = TOMAHAWK PAINT will be on sale at 25 and 30 pounds per case for two different grades, you can BYO.
Warped Paintball have recently struck a huge deal to distribute Tomahawk paint throughout the UK and at many different events. This paint is HUGE throughout Europe and now we're giving you all the chance to use it for great prices.
If your team is looking to secure a paint deal for the forthcoming season, this is the perfect opportunity to come and try out the different grades and see the quality of ball which will be provided all season.
Yesterday morning I did not see a single barrel break from any marker at the indoor centre using whichever grade of the Tomahawk!

The LOCATION = Quadball is situated on Ebury Lane in Kings Norton B30 3JJ, in the south of Birmingham. Check out the following link,
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&search_result=&db=pc&cidr_client=none&lang=&keepicon=true&pc=B303JJ&advanced=&client=public&addr2=&quicksearch=B30+3JJ&addr3=&addr1=

Here are a few snaps I managed to get between training all morning! The playing area is more than large enough to fit in a good sized sup air field while still having other sections for some snap shooting, running and shooting drills etc

Sound good?

Well hopefully we'll see plenty of you down there, you've gotta be crazy to miss out on such a great opportunity!

If there are any questions at all, feel free to ask.

(Now if only I didn't live up in Nottingham :mad: roll on the summer)

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
Steven - the aim of the indoor centre is to give any player, no matter what level, a chance to go and improve their game.

There will be some good players down there at times, but there will always be just as many newer players who are switching over from woodsball, or looking to join a tourney team.

Even if every player there is a superstar, you'll be able to learn alot more by watching them, realising what they do in certain situations, copying their techniques etc.

In the end, every player is just another sucker with a gun so you have as much chance of shooting them as they have of shooting you :)
So get down there ;)

SteRoberts

Pugwash
Apr 1, 2004
Wolverhampton
Originally posted by mike from brum
Saturday mornings 8.30am - 12.30pm = an OPEN SESSION, ANYONE who just wants to get some trigger time and have a few fun games is welcome.
On Saturday morning it will be either 1 larger rec field in play or one full-size supairball field, depending on numbers and demand.
The exact same thing, come play as much as you like, or as little as you like.
;) I was down there yesterday, was a good laff. I remember looking at my watch after playing loadsa ball and it was still only 11am! So we carried on!

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
We did'nt leave till past 1 on saturday. They're not strict on times unless there are sessions booked for the afternoon.
I wont be there till after uni exams get finished but there'll be plenty of people for you to shoot Steven ;)

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
Im sure there'll be plenty of people down to have an early warm up for the masters and make sure they're on the ball.

The prices on the website are for the rec-days which are ran separately by the Quadball company.

The prices I've posted up are accurate so dont worry.