Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Autococker old vs new

Matra

Mar 25, 2014
Hi all, not sure if this is the right forum to post this in (having fun trying to navigate everywhere!)

I had a play with a very old autococker (Reflex?) that weighed an absolute tonne, smart parts freak barrel kit made one massive difference and the whole thing was an absolute dream to shoot.

Now I know you can't buy these pretty much anywhere these days apart from the new 'Resurrection' model from Empire (were the original ones by KAPP?) which looks pretty much exactly the same except it's available in a quite a cool dust grey colour.

Has anyone fired both the old and the new? Is there any real difference between them?

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
I've not used the Resurrection but the Dye Reflex was one of the lighter of the old cockers so I'm guessing their won't be much difference in weight. Plus most of the old ones were made in the states or the uk, I think (but don't quote me on it) the resurrection is at least partially made in the far east so tolerences may be better on the older ones.

Narkadox

The Man With The Golden Gun
Jan 3, 2013
Never shot an old cocker but I've got a Ressurection and it's brilliant. Weighs nothing, super light and smoothe trigger, comes with a great 6 piece barrel kit and no need to worry about getting a loader that fits.

Matra

Mar 25, 2014
Never shot an old cocker but I've got a Ressurection and it's brilliant. Weighs nothing, super light and smoothe trigger, comes with a great 6 piece barrel kit and no need to worry about getting a loader that fits.
Yeah I noticed that though the sizes seem a bit obscure.... they seem to have lots of gaps in the range of back ends as it increments by 0.05 rather than 0.02 or 0.03

I've shot the old ones (donkeys years old) a few times now and love it, very tempted to get a resurrection if it's anything like the old one