Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Autococker

unknown_evil345

Poop? Yes...poop...
Feb 18, 2002
DeBary, FL
cornholio621.tripod.com
I have been planning to get a new marker for some time now and as I was playing out on a little field yesterday I got the priviledge to see a few Autocockers in action..that's when it hit me..I wanna get an autococker! I (being the cheap guy I am) am gonna try to get a WGP 2002 Autococker (Vert Feed) cuz its the cheapest one I can find. I'm pretty sure I'll be ok using it but I was wondering if anyone could tell me how the hell you people rapid fire so well while avoiding short-stroking. Also, would I be ok with a regular CO2 tank or should I get an Anti-Siphon? (I'm too tired of this crappy Genesis to be saving for so freakin long fo a new gun)

Thanx,
Adam

Autocockers

It apears that you have learn't one of the most important rules of paintball... Cockers RULE! :p (don't worry I'll become more helpful inna minute)

Have you actually fired a Cocker? if not, I woudo highly recomend that you take some paint out and try it, some people never cna get used to the cocker trigger, and some people (like me :D ) never have a problem.

The trick with rediculous rates of fire is either practice, or a blade trigger. It doesn't really matter how fast you cycle the trigger as long as you do a full cycle, becuase the cycle is symply reliant on the location of the trigger plate.

If you wish to run a cocker on CO2 (which is uncomon, but I have dis until very recently) then you will need an anti-syphon bottle, liquid CO2 washing into the front reg is not good for it!

I would however strongly recomend an air system (even a cheap one is less hassel than CO2).

If you can afford it then the STO cocker is a VERY VERY nice marker, also something like an eclipse or a Evo are also more expensive, but superior options.

Don't forget the second hand market... for the price of a brand new Cocker on CO2 you could probably get a sweet custom job on air. Just something to think about

Enjoy

Richard

jeevusmaximus

Jan 12, 2002
cockers

First thing is first, SHOOT ONE!
I am fairly new to paintball but was lucky to get a cocker as my first marker (2k stock). The first time i tried the pull was at Sparklies site on Robbo's Evo. It wasnt gassed up or anything but I realised I didnt like the pull. This is why I have a Blade frame.
Everything Richard said is worth following.
Definately get anti-syphon whether its a cocker or a tippman.

Other than that, Cockers rule!

Yup I'm right

oh a note on the blade frame, if you can afford any of the pivoting triggers get one, but planet's blade (the only one I have tried) is reputed to be the best.

Yoy didn't really make it clear whether you had actualy shot one, make sure you do before you go spending your hard earned cash (or maybe you just find cash easy to come by... if so can I have some :D)

Richard

Cocker

Autocker=cocker=A$$ kicking machine!

They are just a type of marker like a Genesis or and Angel or a shocker or whatever. They are very good markers.

There are a lot of companies that customise or upgrade them (like lots of other models) by replacing parts n stuff.

Think of them like cars. You can buy a Car, or the 2L model or the GTI or the "Ghia" version (with electric sunroof and all that stuff).

Companies like Planet and Smart Parts buy in stock markers and re-mill them, and put shinneyer better (?) bits on them.

Hope that helps

Richard

smartecosse

Dec 29, 2001
land of the picts
Visit site
autocockers definetly do rule. i got rid of an IR3 and a vision Impulse when i got my evo x and it is fantastic. on the subject of blade triggers make sure u try out both that and the "normal" one. Not everyone likes the hinge triggers, i think it is a "what u r used to " thing. people that have had electros seem to prefer them as i guess it makes the transition from one to the other more easy. whichever on u gor for they are great.
oh, and unlike an angel etc u can be accurate WITHOUT volume:D