Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

automag gripframe info/idea bounce.

tim smith

Old skool Rocker.
Jan 26, 2014
wrexham
also if it was it come out good enough, would there be a market for a small batch to be made? e.g. 25
If you could do it and i would take one.

From what ive seen of them they work of a CAD drawing. The strength should be good on them they print basically a solid chunk of plastic. There is always the option of a chunk of delrin and someone with a CNC miller shouldnt be to difficult.

Everyinchtheanimal

Feb 19, 2010
Hmmmm that realy does look a load of gash to be fair! Cheers GT I have seen the light. I am now stepping away from the dremel.

Everyinchtheanimal

Feb 19, 2010
Delrin is expensive I thought? I need to find some printed products so I can feel/test the quality of it.
It must be ok for a gripframe, wasnt there a case in the newspapers that had someone printing off a working handgun?

tim smith

Old skool Rocker.
Jan 26, 2014
wrexham
Ye they tryed printing of a handgun dont know how well it worked. i know iwatched an episode of sons of guns and they done a body kit for a gun on that and it seemed to hold up.

I will find out tomorrow on price of delrin i work in a plastic engineering workshop but we only have old bridgeport millers no CNC so would take ages to machine (would have to sneak work on when boss is out lol) . If could find a drawing we do have some cnc shops down bogner who do a lot of work for us mite beable to get things at a good price, but may still cost more then printing.

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
To be honest I've tried Y and Z gripped mags and don't like either

Just couldn't get comfortable with the cramped layout - but maybe it will suit you?

tim smith

Old skool Rocker.
Jan 26, 2014
wrexham
Sweet set up with the warp feed as well They any good on the mag?

Anyway priced up the delrin sheet today for a 2000x1000x15mm retails at £590 a sheet but im not shore what type of dicount the company gets. it used to be 60%. And i think we can get it in a smaller sheet size as well so a 1000x1000.

renie

Mar 2, 2008
you can get delrin in any size you want if you know where to buy it from ;)
tbh i'd use ally :) you would need a cad file for it to be machined, not an overnight job,
if only we knew someone ;) ;)

wiggles01

Old and broken
Jun 3, 2010
Colchester
www.externalwallservices.co.uk
Sweet set up with the warp feed as well They any good on the mag?

Anyway priced up the delrin sheet today for a 2000x1000x15mm retails at £590 a sheet but im not shore what type of dicount the company gets. it used to be 60%. And i think we can get it in a smaller sheet size as well so a 1000x1000.
I have warp feeds on both my x-mags but it is much better if you have a warp body so it feeds from the sides rather than the top of the body
W