Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Automags...

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Originally posted by Skaffen
I'd kind of assumed everyone ran air these days - I've got one of the old Air America 3000psi systems on mine, which still seems to run fine.....though I do tend to duck when I go to refill the bottle....which is test dated 1994 ;)

Anyone had any experience with the ReTro Valve?

woodland - 'old fashioned' /me goes and cries in the corner hugging some rhoddie leaves :)
Skaffen - go and buy yourself a new bottle NOW!!!!! Not only would I not want to see anyone from these boards hospitalised, but think of a) the people near you if it did go "pop" & b) the image of the sport.
You certainly wouldn't be able to get that filled at any tourney I play at these days (quite right too), and you probably couldn't even get it tested it's been out of date so long. It's a false economy not replacing it, this is a safety issue :mad:

Mmmm, rhoddie bushes, REAL cover. Bring back the old Wicked site in Surrey:)

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Thanks Liz....I should be getting it tested v.soon (along with the bottles of three friends all of the same vintage - it's middle-age crisis all round ;)). From what I've read the max life of a composite wrapped HSE stamped bottle is 15 years, so should be some life left in them yet. Have just had my 12ltr dive tank tested and it failed on a dodgy valve thread, bum - £30 down the drain for a new one. :(

Of course if I got an emag, I'd probably have to get a 4500psi flatline system to go with it.....yum yum :)

<examines bank balance and goes on dreaming>

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
It's the 8 years since it was last tested that worries me, you may well find that no-one will test it for you after all this time :( They have to be done every 3 years to be legal for use.

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Liz
It's the 8 years since it was last tested that worries me, you may well find that no-one will test it for you after all this time :( They have to be done every 3 years to be legal for use.
I guess all will be revealed at the test station, however personally I'd look at a 2nd hand bottle rather then pay the testing fee!

Paul.

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Originally posted by Paul_collier

I guess all will be revealed at the test station, however personally I'd look at a 2nd hand bottle rather then pay the testing fee!

Paul.
Hmm, £20 odd for a test fee, or a replacement bottle that you don't know how well it's been looked after plus is likely to need testing well under the 3 years from now. I know which option I'd prefer!

Eric The Troll

now with the power of E
Sep 1, 2001
Birmingham, U.K.
Visit site
I was under the impression that bottles under 1ltr do not require testing, stab bottles etc.

I have 2 NitroDucks that I got last year, the bottles are dated 03/99 does this mean that the should have been tested by now?

Is there anywhere that lists the rules ang reg regarding air bottles, safe practices, testing times and so on?

For instance, how many of you have a warning on your cars that you are carrying compressed air?

Fleisher

Feb 23, 2002
Still plenty of Mags out there in recball land...you want to try one with a Lvl 10 mod.:D :D :D

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
My Mag had its first outing in 7 years on Sunday - a great day at Mayhem Abridge. Put 1500 paint through it and had no bursts, no breaks and zero problems all day. Lovely. :)

demonbonner

Jul 23, 2002
Visit site
Yo, if all goes to plan then I will be getting a mag powerfeed in a couple of weeks :D How much is the lvl 10 mod and is there anywhere in the uk where you can get it?