Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Average distance from start gate to snake ?

j4mierogan

Aug 20, 2010
If you head over to http://www.pbfit.co.uk/ there is plenty of useful information on there to increase your sprinting performance, It is ran by a paintballer who is a professional personnel trainer, he knows his stuff! To get the most power out of your body you could just do the interval or "sprint" training but there are far more efficient ways of doing this listed on this website, that you can do in your own house, no gym membership required. If you cant find the answer your looking for hit the owner of PBFit up (Steve cooper) on facebook or on his site, he's always happy to advise people like yourself. If you take paintball seriously I would advise you take a look!

Orion3

Jul 12, 2009
Have done a lot of speed work coaching kids football - something worth trying that you probably won't have come across is running downhill; trains your legs to overstride.

Remember, small, fast steps to get acceleration then longer strides to get up speed.

leach

Disruption!
May 10, 2008
I would mention theres not much point measuring the distance to the snake, sometimes youll want to run different lines to avoid the other teams lanes, the fields are always different, what if you play a different position etc - so theres not much point measuring it, what youre really looking for is explosive power to get you off the start gate and a good level of fitness - what jamie said - you should definitely look up pbfit, Tito will tell you exactly what you need to do to improve your fitness and speed, which will be a lot more beneficial than practising sprinting a specific distance.

Xmini-ballerX

London Tigers & Team GB
Nov 15, 2008
Thankyou

Wow thanks for all the replys guys , I will definitely give some of these a go.I live opposite a gold course so could jog around that ? Also Would there be a way to practise keeping low whilst sprinting or is that just plain stupid ? , Reason I'm asking this , is just because I want to give myself the best chance to be a good paintballer , and I'm really apprichiative for all the replys everyone is giving me it means alot :cool:

Reactions: Bolter

leach

Disruption!
May 10, 2008
seriously - check out pbfit, he'll tell you everything you need to be fit and to train the muscles you need for paintball.. as for learning to run fast and low, just watch how wheeler does it and copy that.