Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Axe ASA problem?

Ben H

Grandad
Jun 2, 2013
Hi guys i stripped and cleaned my gun as usual after last use, i did however also polish the poppet at the same time. Anyway tried the gun today and it was all over the show i adjusted the bolt spring and also cranked up the reg pressure as originally i was running about 170 - 180psi. Eventually managed to get it shooting above 200fps by doing the above...but the reg pressure isn't right. If you leave the marker first shot is 300 + then down to 250 - 260 then possibly as low as 230 then 270, and all this with the reg pressure set up at 200 now. Any ideas welcome although i've a feeling a new asa is on its way??
:(

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
Hi Ben, Try changing the "o" ring in between the reg and the grip, bottom of the tube , they go the most and need to be changed every now and then, they get the direct hit with the air when you air the gun up, and also unscrew the cap on the front of the reg and give it wipe out including the spring.
also check inside where you screw the bottle into to make sure nothing has come loose within the back of the reg, stick an allen key into it , see if it turns ??

Ben H

Grandad
Jun 2, 2013
Cheers for the suggestion Bluey, but checked and all good, anything else?

Ben H

Grandad
Jun 2, 2013
The strange thing is if you watch the dial on the reg it will sit and operate at at first shot at 200 psi for the hot shot, then drop to 170 ish for the low shots and if you leave it after the first shot and watch it you can see the dial creep up in increments.

Ben H

Grandad
Jun 2, 2013
Its just like something inside the asa isn't opening fully or properly and then slowly creeps back up?

Ben H

Grandad
Jun 2, 2013
Are you talking about the little pastic washer seal? Funny that as i just finished watching the vid myself.

Ben H

Grandad
Jun 2, 2013
Sorry forgot to mention that, yeah we swapped bottle as someone suggested the recharge rate might be down on mine, and no different.

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
Hmmm ?? I had a guy that somehow got the "o" ring caught up the tube, I`m sorry mate but without having it in my hands and to the fact of you going through what Gadget and myself have put to you ... I`m a bit stomped ???
you did say you did that brass bit that sits behind the poppet, make sure it`s lubed as this is the Main bit that Most Axe`s would suffer with that is the cause of many ??