Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Axe ASA problems with spiking

Tam Rankin

#29 PlumLife - Edinburgh
Sep 4, 2012
Edinburgh
Hi guy.just woundered if any one can help me. My regs acting up, it's set to 170psi and when walking the trigger the neddle on the ASA gauge lowers to about 120psi which is causing drop off. But when you pull the trigger once every 2 seconds, the neddle spikes to above 200psi. So i have a real air inconsistency problem. Has anyone came across this and is it just a service the reg needs or a new one :-(

Cheers

WingNut

UK Redskins
Oct 31, 2003
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Have you tried it with a different air tank?

Could be the reg on your tank...

That's what I would try first.

If that's not it, try setting your pressure from 170 to 200 and see if that does the same (dropping low/spiking).

Cheers

Wingy...

Last edited:
Reactions: Tam Rankin

Tam Rankin

#29 PlumLife - Edinburgh
Sep 4, 2012
Edinburgh
Hi Wingy

I've tried 3 different bottles and still the same. And its running at 170psi dor the last 2 months with no problems untill now and noticed the spike and fall.

Tam Rankin

#29 PlumLife - Edinburgh
Sep 4, 2012
Edinburgh
Yeah springs the right way. The only reason i noticed it was installed the lurker bolt which made it more obvious and when switched back to stock, it wasnt that bad but if it helps i play 4 times a week and in the last 4 months i've shot over 200 cases i service the marker about every 10cases but never touch the reg.

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
Unscrew the front of the reg , there you will find a spring, give it a good clean, then put back again , this could solve it, That spring is Sooo much underated, they sometimes freeze when the Air passes through before going up the grip. sometimes this is the cure for when you may think an "o" ring has blown.

Last edited:

Tam Rankin

#29 PlumLife - Edinburgh
Sep 4, 2012
Edinburgh
I'll give it try bud. Been told to put oil in the ASA and dry fire it but will that not clog up the noid so abit hesistant of trying it

Tam Rankin

#29 PlumLife - Edinburgh
Sep 4, 2012
Edinburgh
Yeah that crossed my mind to. I'll give KEE a phone in the morning and see what they say mybe its just a service it needa

Cheers

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Unscrew the front of the reg , there you will find a spring, give it a good clean, then put back again , this could solve it, That spring is Sooo much underated, they sometimes freeze when the Air passes through before going up the grip. sometimes this is the cure for when you may think an "o" ring has blown.

It is recommended that non techy users do NOT take apart the reg. Give KEE a call, or any KEE stockists (LiPS, Just etc) and they can advise you further.

Also who recommended putting oil in the bit where there is high pressure air? You have to name him, if he's still alive.