Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Axe Breach Leak

olliewidd

Jul 5, 2012
Hi guys

My axe has started leaking air from down the barrel/breach. I thought it might be the funny little transfer plate seal but that seems pretty solid. Not sure really why its leaking as it happened after I disassembled it to clean the marker.

Any tips, pointers would be great

Cheers

Ollie

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
First step : good battery ?

Second : Enough air in your tank ?

If yes, check the poppet seal is good and the spring is in place and seated properly.

Remove the velocity adjuster (while out of the marker) and when you put it back in, do it up until it stops (don't overdo it, you might damage the seal) and sweet spot the poppet by backing the adjuster out 1+1/2 turns from snug.

You'll need to chrono providing that sorts the leak.

olliewidd

Jul 5, 2012
First step : good battery ?

Second : Enough air in your tank ?

If yes, check the poppet seal is good and the spring is in place and seated properly.

Remove the velocity adjuster (while out of the marker) and when you put it back in, do it up until it stops (don't overdo it, you might damage the seal) and sweet spot the poppet by backing the adjuster out 1+1/2 turns from snug.

You'll need to chrono providing that sorts the leak.
Yeah had a look at the poppet and it seems ok. Only I dont seem to have a poppet spring...ominous. That could be the cause of this no doubt. Tried resetting the poppet too and it still leaks even when the poppet is fully closed.

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
You should have a spare poppet spring in your spares kit assuming you have one.

It should fit fairly snug into the recess milled into the backside of the poppet body...