shaggy88

Dec 1, 2010
Firstly I think it's a great gun, once you get over the initial problems

1. Detents are loose
2. reg/asa is loose
3. Feed neck is loose

After using it a few times I stripped it down to clean
ALL EYEBOARD BOLTS WERE LOOSE

Now my on/off button is temperemental, it doesn't always work and sometimes flashes constant orange, I have to use my nail and push the button left to turn it on and off

A team mates gun had the solenoid stuck open, my one also done it

Apart from these few minor setup issues it's all good just want to give owners a heads up

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Redskins are using the Axe for the 2011 season due to the sponsorship by Kee and Empire.

I have not actually used the gun yet as only got it last week, its first outing will be on sunday.

I must admit that every marker I have ever had, weather its new or second hand I have alsways had a quick play and made sure that bits are put together correctly. I have 3 "Brand New" of these guns at my house, and on taking them out the box cannot find any faults. One of them did have the detents loose, but apart from that they were all fine.

Cant wait to use it.

WingNut

UK Redskins
Oct 31, 2003
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
I've had mine a little longer than all the other guys in my team, about a month longer as I was the first to get one so we could have a good look before we made any decisions for 2011.

First event was last month, at the UKM South.

Shot flawlessly 'out of the box'. All I did was adjust the firing mode to millennium ramping.

Played all day without one problem or one ball break......

Very impressed with the marker, hence why we now shoot them exclusively on the team.

Cheers

Wingy...

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
I must admit that every marker I have ever had, weather its new or second hand I have alsways had a quick play and made sure that bits are put together correctly.
Really? I've only ever had 3 brand new guns as i can't justify paying full price for anything in life!!! All 3 were Planet Eclipse and shot flawlessly out of the box and on one of them i didn't even have to change the velocity.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Firstly I think it's a great gun, once you get over the initial problems

1. Detents are loose
2. reg/asa is loose
3. Feed neck is loose

After using it a few times I stripped it down to clean
ALL EYEBOARD BOLTS WERE LOOSE

Now my on/off button is temperemental, it doesn't always work and sometimes flashes constant orange, I have to use my nail and push the button left to turn it on and off

A team mates gun had the solenoid stuck open, my one also done it

Apart from these few minor setup issues it's all good just want to give owners a heads up
Have you contacted the shop you bought them from? Im just wondering what exactly you wanted to achieve by posting this?

shaggy88

Dec 1, 2010
I'm just giving new owners a heads up, these things are all simple things that can be solved out of the box, i still fired mine fresh out of the box. Its really a case of prevention rather than cure, BOLTER come say hi tomorrow, chara 10 is on my jersey I'll be there from 7.30 finishing the wiring on the buzzers

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
I'm just giving new owners a heads up, these things are all simple things that can be solved out of the box, i still fired mine fresh out of the box. Its really a case of prevention rather than cure, BOLTER come say hi tomorrow, chara 10 is on my jersey I'll be there from 7.30 finishing the wiring on the buzzers
No problem.

John took a new one out of a box sunday morning for me, stuck it over a chrono and didnt need to adjust a thing all day :) Lets hope yours is an isolated experience.

Nice to meet you by the way.

Jan 5, 2006
Kent
Visit site
I just wanted to add my first impressions, ... I currently shoot a Geo, but bought an Axe from JUST as soon as they came out, as had been thinking about picking up a Mini for a while as a backup.

First time I shot the Axe it seemed to draw some oil or grease through the gun that effected accurancy until I realised that was all it was and cleaned the barrel.

Since then it has been lent to team mates about 5 times, so had not had a chance to shoot it again. During that time, have not had a single issue and has not burst a single ball.

So I got to shoot it myself at training yesterday. Bear in mind that the gun has had a couple of boxes paint through it now to run in.

So we were doing drills, which made it really easy to make direct comparisons, as I was literally able to shoot one gun, then the other.

Accuracy - the Axe was more accurate with the stock barrel than my Geo was with an ultralite (same paint, both barrels clean etc). We were shooting at cones, about 40 paces away, and the accuracy difference was as plain as you like, for all to see.

Consistancy - the Axe was more consistant, with a few fps less variance between shots than my Geo.

Speed - I was able to hit ramping effortlessly with either hand, not something I can do with my Geo (I have antiquated hands, and have never learnt to walk the trigger properly). The effect for me was that I was chucking beams of paint the instant I tried, and those beams stayed put until I stopped firing. Reminded me of shooting an old school bouncing whilst ramping marker (but without the bounce).

Recoil - now the Geo shoots pretty smooth, but the Axe felt like it had an even softer release. The least recoil or spooley style 'lift' of any marker I have yet shot. Combined with a very nice, minimalist 'chuff' sound signature - almost sounded like it had a silencer on it :)

General - the Axe is noticeably heavier in the hand than the Geo. Also, I felt the trigger was a little too far back / close to the grip for my preference. I wonder if I could get used to it, or fit a different trigger. Just a personal thing.

Not to mention that this was yet another days play where the Axe did not break a single ball...

After all that I have to say that for the time being I shall continue to shoot my Geo. I have been using it now for 2 years, and have developed that special 'it feels part of me' relationship. :D

However, I am really excited about the prospect of such a fantastic gun being available at such a good price. I was a huge fan of the Ion, and it was a great tool for enabling more new players to take up our sport. Without the need to upgrade any part, the Axe offers even better value for money than the Ion. It is also simple to maintain, and since it is such a simple design I am hoping it will be extremely reliable (the build quality of my marker is certainly faultless). Time will tell, ...

So well done Invert/Empire, and for anyone considering buying a new marker I would highly reccomend you take a look at the Axe. I would claim it is £800-900 worth of performance for half that price.

Reactions: Bolter

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
I`m going to follow that above statement up by saying yesterday playing at CPPS Wolverhampton I used the AXE for the first time straight out of the box brand new , changed the settings to Millennium mode , changed the barrel for a Stiffi then went on to chromo the gun, shot at .296 fps ok do it again .296 fps , ok do it again and again again in fact 20 x times all showing the same . I thought this is unreal so I said to the guy on my left you shoot over the chrono , he shot .278, 284, 289,,276 you know what I mean ...the usual, then I turned to the guy on my right , he did the same 279, 284, 294, 276 , I thought right My turn again .296, 296, 299, 296 ,296 , I have to this year been playing paintball x 27 years and have never had or fired any gun to be so consistent as this Axe with about x 20 guys behind me also couldn`t believe it, during the games I gave quick goes to a few of the refs that have never fired one with one of the refs offering his EGO 09 as a straight swap ...And I said ..NO, Over the years I`ve picked up quite a few guns in fact a gun from every make out there and several from each ( gun Hoar ) This AXE is by far the best gun I`ve ever owned, when I think of all the money I`ve spent on all of them , an Angel G7 which was around £1500 , an EGO which was £1200 , a Shocker being £1000, A Creed £1000 and about 20 x other guns ( I stuck to my word ..Never an ION ) As of now I have this as my main gun and an EGO as a back-up ( if I ever get to it ) In fact I`ve made up my mind to buy x 3 more Axes and dumping all the rest of my guns, DO I LIKE THE AXE .....YES I DO ! ! ! ....Bluey

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
I`m going to follow that above statement up by saying yesterday playing at CPPS Wolverhampton I used the AXE for the first time straight out of the box brand new , changed the settings to Millennium mode , changed the barrel for a Stiffi then went on to chromo the gun, shot at .296 fps ok do it again .296 fps , ok do it again and again again in fact 20 x times all showing the same . I thought this is unreal so I said to the guy on my left you shoot over the chrono , he shot .278, 284, 289,,276 you know what I mean ...the usual, then I turned to the guy on my right , he did the same 279, 284, 294, 276 , I thought right My turn again .296, 296, 299, 296 ,296 , I have to this year been playing paintball x 27 years and have never had or fired any gun to be so consistent as this Axe with about x 20 guys behind me also couldn`t believe it, during the games I gave quick goes to a few of the refs that have never fired one with one of the refs offering his EGO 09 as a straight swap ...And I said ..NO, Over the years I`ve picked up quite a few guns in fact a gun from every make out there and several from each ( gun Hoar ) This AXE is by far the best gun I`ve ever owned, when I think of all the money I`ve spent on all of them , an Angel G7 which was around £1500 , an EGO which was £1200 , a Shocker being £1000, A Creed £1000 and about 20 x other guns ( I stuck to my word ..Never an ION ) As of now I have this as my main gun and an EGO as a back-up ( if I ever get to it ) In fact I`ve made up my mind to buy x 3 more Axes and dumping all the rest of my guns, DO I LIKE THE AXE .....YES I DO ! ! ! ....Bluey
Same, Ive borrowed one all year, and its the first gun ever to not break a single ball all season long. Sure, over the years Ive heard people say "my timmy doesnt break paint" or "my angel doesnt break a ball" which is crap. They all, until now, break a ball or two over a years play, but this thing just runs and runs. Really impressed.