Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

AXE VS ETHA??

11josh112

Jan 21, 2012
Made a post the other day on what marker i should get with a budget of 250.
So im looking at the axe and etha and i cant decide.
I've heard the Axe is smooth and worth the extra 50.
However i've also heard that the etha is the same, and cheap and more reliable. it also apparently has a better shot and bolt.

?Which is the best option.
and what would be the best upgrades for each marker

Last edited:

emisnug

"I am Become Death, squeegier of Worlds"
Oct 10, 2011
Middle of bloody Nowhere
This guy (the perpetually awesome StickToDrum) pretty much echoes what I think: (first minute or so)

In short - Axe is a generally better marker than the Etha.

As for upgrades - providing you already have a decent mask, carbon bottle, etc, just use the monies you were going to spend on upgrades and spend it on playing. Consistantly playing will help you improve far quicker than upgrades :)

Reactions: Hobo Mofo

cono111

Jun 27, 2012
AXE definitely mate you get a lot more for your money with an axe and watch the VID above

TrikkyD

Jokers
Jan 7, 2010
Nottingham
Axe all day long and the only upgrade you would really need is a barrel kit every other upgrade on the Axe are nice but not really add that much over stock parts, the only consistent criticism on the Axe is about the feedneck find a nice lower profile one and your laughing at how good they are

Reactions: Hobo Mofo

Hobo Mofo

I shoot to thrill
Jun 16, 2011
South West London
Axe all day long and the only upgrade you would really need is a barrel kit every other upgrade on the Axe are nice but not really add that much over stock parts, the only consistent criticism on the Axe is about the feedneck find a nice lower profile one and your laughing at how good they are
When i bought my axe way back last year, the first thing i did was change the feed neck to the nano one. So much better than the stock one. This will probably be the only mod i do.

On a side note, how would i know what gen my Axe is? The reason i ask is, a fellow baller asked me this weekend and i had no clue.

Jul 8, 2013
London ,UK
I currently shoot a Etha and dont see any issues with it at all ! shoots lovely preety quiet for the price and the standard barrel is very good. I do shoot with a stiffi now which is good but still ya standard barrel is still good. I know alot of people say to me why not get a Etek 4 as an upgrade but honestly.....there isnt much in it i find. When playing against or with an Etek im shooting just as well ! My gun is consistant again considering this "Starter Marker!?" i always crono from 280-289, possible the very odd 292 but hey thats paint for ya. I've also fired grade 3-4 paint with no issues, the new etha's use the soft tip from the Geo's and find it very good.

Just my 2cents from currently owning an Etha.

TrikkyD

Jokers
Jan 7, 2010
Nottingham
When i bought my axe way back last year, the first thing i did was change the feed neck to the nano one. So much better than the stock one. This will probably be the only mod i do.

On a side note, how would i know what gen my Axe is? The reason i ask is, a fellow baller asked me this weekend and i had no clue.
As far as I'm aware there is only 1 generation of marker there are editions that included the redline board and freak kits, but that's about it

cono111

Jun 27, 2012

the newer ones have the shockwave board in which means you can get into vhanging the board settings without going into the grip and pressing a buttom