Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

AXE VS ETHA??

5chm3gz

Banned
Nov 28, 2012
I'll take the side of the Etha on this. I wanted a good allrounder marker that could be customised to whatever setup i require. I play woodsball so its important to be able to do that.
I found that on the own the Etha is reliable little marker. It can take a lot of **** you throw at it. Water, mud, hard ground etc. I have seen an Etha go underwater come back out and still shooting the paint. ( although the paint was going everywhere because there was water in the barrel)

So with my one Etha i have 3 setups

No extras - Just a plain Etha. (I use this if i ever want to play some airball, or if i am not playing woodsball or milsim)
CQB - Etha + EMC Kit + Magpul Grip + Dye Izon Sight + LED Torch + Laser + Rotor ( With speed feed and low cap shell.)
Woodsball - Etha + EMC Kit + M16 Stock + Magpul Grip + Laser + Rotor (with speed feed & high capacity shell) + Remote Line

I tried other similar markers, Axe, Etek 4, Luxe, DAM, I loved them all but they limited having rails. The DAM was lovely but i couldnt justify the £900 cost when i could have an Etha and 3-4 different setups. The only difference is the First strike capability.

Overall i always suggest having an etha, even if its just a second marker, they are cheap and cheerful and very reliable.

I guess it all depends on exactly what you play and what kind of player you are.

Reactions: Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy

Apr 8, 2013
I currently shoot a Etha and dont see any issues with it at all ! shoots lovely preety quiet for the price and the standard barrel is very good. I do shoot with a stiffi now which is good but still ya standard barrel is still good. I know alot of people say to me why not get a Etek 4 as an upgrade but honestly.....there isnt much in it i find. When playing against or with an Etek im shooting just as well ! My gun is consistant again considering this "Starter Marker!?" i always crono from 280-289, possible the very odd 292 but hey thats paint for ya. I've also fired grade 3-4 paint with no issues, the new etha's use the soft tip from the Geo's and find it very good.

Just my 2cents from currently owning an Etha.
Got to agree with Kaos on this as I am using the same as him (and I know him) that the Etha out of the box pound for pound is probably a better starter marker. No real upgrades required as they won't add to much to it apart from the possibility of a new feed neck as I've heard they can be slightly brittle.
The standard barrel is ok and does a good job.
The only thing to do is get out there and get some rounds down until you feel your confident enough in yourself and the playing environment to warrant an upgraded marker with all the bells and whistles.

Monkey Boy

Apr 8, 2013
I'll take the side of the Etha on this. I wanted a good allrounder marker that could be customised to whatever setup i require. I play woodsball so its important to be able to do that.
I found that on the own the Etha is reliable little marker. It can take a lot of **** you throw at it. Water, mud, hard ground etc. I have seen an Etha go underwater come back out and still shooting the paint. ( although the paint was going everywhere because there was water in the barrel)

So with my one Etha i have 3 setups

No extras - Just a plain Etha. (I use this if i ever want to play some airball, or if i am not playing woodsball or milsim)
CQB - Etha + EMC Kit + Magpul Grip + Dye Izon Sight + LED Torch + Laser + Rotor ( With speed feed and low cap shell.)
Woodsball - Etha + EMC Kit + M16 Stock + Magpul Grip + Laser + Rotor (with speed feed & high capacity shell) + Remote Line

I tried other similar markers, Axe, Etek 4, Luxe, DAM, I loved them all but they limited having rails. The DAM was lovely but i couldnt justify the £900 cost when i could have an Etha and 3-4 different setups. The only difference is the First strike capability.

Overall i always suggest having an etha, even if its just a second marker, they are cheap and cheerful and very reliable.

I guess it all depends on exactly what you play and what kind of player you are.
Totally agree. These are almost my exact reasons for sticking with the Etha.

cono111

Jun 27, 2012
I must have the gen 1 because I don't have the shock wave board.
i dont think its specific gens they just changed a few things but yeah you have the earlier version, nothing different apart from the board

BDswarveP

Jun 30, 2009
Yorkshire
are you meaning axe or etek? as there about the same price, axe £30 more than the etek.

etek is a much better marker than the etha, and the etek is a much more reliable marker than axe.

the axes shoot smoother and quieter than an etek, alot gentler on paint in cold conditions.

eteks come with a better stock barrel, both have crappy flashy light boards. both have on/offs. both pretty good on air, i think eteks just pip the axes on that side of things.

All personal preference, get hold of them both and have a go, sure there will be people at most walkons with both.

Lozhell

Nov 7, 2011
Bedforshire
I would say axe, I have had mine for around 5 months now and I have had no issues with it at all. I would recommend a barrel upgrade but thats about it. I did put the boss spring/bolt kit and virtue laser eyes in mine, but if im honest you dont need to. The new bolt and spring kit just means you can get the operating pressure down to about 140psi, which is good but not really needed.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2