back player

Silentbob

Gold Mentalist
Apr 17, 2002
Isle of Man
hamptonmanor.org
no,no,no

Originally posted by le-pig
a back player is the backbone of the team,they have to watch the game and relay the information to the rest of the team,keep the front/mid players coverd,try to shut down running lanes,keep the oposite back players hemed in,and be prepared to move up when neaded:eek: :cool:
And then get shot in the right leg....Hi Dave!

"That's no moon..."

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
Any competitive marker is suitable for play from any part of the field. The whole idea that a front needs this gun and a back needs that gun is flawed, and probably due to watching a lot of movies like Predator and Saving Private Ryan.

Not trying to be too brutal, but this misconception needs to be lost as quick as possible.

Ahem. On topic...

Back players need to... wait a minute. Forget back players and front players. Everyone should learn to play from everywhere on the field. If someone asks what position you play, learn the skills and disposition to honestly reply "insert- where do you need me?" On good teams, the mids often pass the fronts, the back players are bunkering opponents, and you can never pigeon-hole anyone.

Everything said here of back players could apply to any player on the field. Every player needs to trust every other. If I have a stand-up on the fifty, and my back player has a lie-down two tiers in back of me, I need to shout for him, while I lay enough paint to allow him to bump up to a more advanced bunker. Why not leave him back there? He'll have a better angle from closer to their flag.

Elm0

Nov 5, 2003
So Cal
stockclasspaintball.com
no,no,no

Originally posted by le-pig
a back player is the backbone of the team,they have to watch the game and relay the information to the rest of the team,keep the front/mid players coverd,try to shut down running lanes,keep the oposite back players hemed in,and be prepared to move up when neaded:eek: :cool:
Your a Back Player arent you? :) Back players as I see them are very important but I see no need for 2-3 back players on 1 team if its a 5 man. 5 back should have 2-3 front, 1-2 mid and 1 back. It scares the opposition ****less when more than half of your team is up on the front lines screaming. Back players mostly have decent angles and a big bunker. Thier heads are up and triggers are pulling 90% of the game whereas a mid is at around 50 %and a front is probably less that 30%. Front players are the eyes of the team if you play them right. You could have a quick front player on the 50-60 and the other teams front player will be pushed back to the 40 at least. Its a good effect when you play everything right in a game. Ya just REALLY need to walk the feild and see every angle.