Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Backing the Uk Players Insurance Campaign

J

Jeff Abbott - Dye

Thats what I answered, if they have travel insurance as they should they will have the cover and I am not sure if a non resident can have it. I will check with Bully.

Russ
Does standard travel Insurance cover your Liability while playing paintball?

I will check some policies but I am sure that would not be the case.

Thanks for checking

keka

Fisz

Ka mate!
Jun 10, 2006
Thats what I answered, if they have travel insurance as they should they will have the cover and I am not sure if a non resident can have it. I will check with Bully.

Russ
I'm not sure if any type of travel insurance would cover any damages inflicted by me to another person, no matter where and what I would do to the victim.

The rest I will take to the PM's Russell, as I do not wish to come across as a foreign meddling ******* who doesn't even play in the UK.

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
I'm not sure if any type of travel insurance would cover any damages inflicted by me to another person, no matter where and what I would do to the victim.

The rest I will take to the PM's Russell, as I do not wish to come across as a foreign meddling ******* who doesn't even play in the UK.

The reason I believe it is, is because travel policies issued from UK firms all seem to come with personal liability cover.

Russ

Bully

Jul 12, 2001
Rochdale UK
www.playpaintball.co.uk
Sorry it is UK residents only - as per most policies you take out there is a residence part.

I have been asked about International Coverage - the UKPSF policy is for UK venues only BUT if you want International Cover, including travel kit etc... try one of these sites

www.leisureinsure.co.uk and www.adrenalinetravelinsurance.co.uk both companies supply insurance to the UK paintball market and can cover players who travel abroad. Also try FML or JLT insurance as they are UKPSF members

Hope this helps

Steve

J

Jeff Abbott - Dye

Sorry it is UK residents only - as per most policies you take out there is a residence part.

I have been asked about International Coverage - the UKPSF policy is for UK venues only BUT if you want International Cover, including travel kit etc... try one of these sites

www.leisureinsure.co.uk and www.adrenalinetravelinsurance.co.uk both companies supply insurance to the UK paintball market and can cover players who travel abroad. Also try FML or JLT insurance as they are UKPSF members

Hope this helps

Steve
Thanks for the info Steve.
It is the players that travel TO the UK from abroad that I am worried about.

What if they cannot get a policy issued in their country of residence due to companies not offering that kind of service?

This effectively means that those players will not be able to play.

One more thing...

Will the Campaign Cup be a UKPSF sanctioned event and will this insurance cover be valid at the event?

Thanks
keka

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
Thanks for the info Steve.
It is the players that travel TO the UK from abroad that I am worried about.

What if they cannot get a policy issued in their country of residence due to companies not offering that kind of service?

This effectively means that those players will not be able to play.

One more thing...

Will the Campaign Cup be a UKPSF sanctioned event and will this insurance cover be valid at the event?

Thanks
keka

If you got the type of insurance that is available from the companies Bully has mentioned you would not have to go to a sanctioned event as all would be covered.
It's about ten times the cost though but includes some theft cover (thats the standard European policy)

I have an annual worldwide travel policy that costs about £40.00 (and covers me for paintball) a similar policy with sports coverage and theft cover for gear (upto £3000.) would be £225.

Russ

J

Jeff Abbott - Dye

If you got the type of insurance that is available from the companies Bully has mentioned you would not have to go to a sanctioned event as all would be covered.
It's about ten times the cost though but includes some theft cover (thats the standard European policy)

I have an annual worldwide travel policy that costs about £40.00 (and covers me for paintball) a similar policy with sports coverage and theft cover for gear (upto £3000.) would be £225.

Russ
Cool

Thanks guys
keka

Shadlad

Platinum Member - Lifetime
Aug 16, 2006
Newcastle
Ok guys I know that I will not be excepting anything other than the UKPSF insurance or an insurance policy such as Russ's which is world wide. If it is not set up for Paintball and is just a standard 3rd Party Liability insurance I will not nor will my staff have time to read the small print. The UKPSF insurance for me just needs to be checked it is in date and off we go nice and happy your covered. If the insurance was costing you guys a fortune then I'd maybe consider looking at different insurance policies. But if you complain about £12.50 or 24p a week to play ball safely then I am sorry i'm not interested. I personally pay more for my site insurance than some companies have offered me. But I know the company I use is the best and knows the paintball industry, they keep in touch with the UKPSF and listen to what they say. For the peace of mind I have knowing I am covered properly it is worth the extra money. Trust me £12.50 is a drop in the ocean compered to what a site has to pay to protect you guys. So protect yourself sooner rather than later. It is going to be across the board needed in a matter of months so no point in putting it off. You must have this insurance to play any site with any standards in the UK.

J

Jeff Abbott - Dye

Ok guys I know that I will not be excepting anything other than the UKPSF insurance or an insurance policy such as Russ's which is world wide. If it is not set up for Paintball and is just a standard 3rd Party Liability insurance I will not nor will my staff have time to read the small print. The UKPSF insurance for me just needs to be checked it is in date and off we go nice and happy your covered. If the insurance was costing you guys a fortune then I'd maybe consider looking at different insurance policies. But if you complain about £12.50 or 24p a week to play ball safely then I am sorry i'm not interested. I personally pay more for my site insurance than some companies have offered me. But I know the company I use is the best and knows the paintball industry, they keep in touch with the UKPSF and listen to what they say. For the peace of mind I have knowing I am covered properly it is worth the extra money. Trust me £12.50 is a drop in the ocean compered to what a site has to pay to protect you guys. So protect yourself sooner rather than later. It is going to be across the board needed in a matter of months so no point in putting it off. You must have this insurance to play any site with any standards in the UK.
So your not going to allow any foreign players to play at your site because they don't have the UKPSF insurance policy?
While I understand what your saying, I can't help but think that it is a bit unfair. If a player has adequate insurance then why exclude them? i am sure they would highlight the fine print for you if you asked them too.

I don't think anyone is arguing over the price of the policy offered via the UKPSF.

keka