Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Backman Tactics

One thing that i haven't seen anyone say yet is to learn to shoot accuratly off the break. i'm a fairly new player and i feel thats one of the areas i need to improve on the most. Put the oposition under pressure right off the break and stop them making the key bunkers...correct me if im wrong!

-EDD

richardmawer

Playing since 1986 - Still shooting fools
May 15, 2003
Lincolnshire
digitalmediaedge.co.uk
Backman skills !!!

My feeling is that a good back player can :-

1. Shoot Accurately - especially long ball - over 40m - with the 1st 2 / 3 balls - not just spraying a stream of paint down field. Also the ability to hit a moving target - this is what makes someone effective on the break and gets you those important early kills.

2. Sweetspot and zone key bunkers - back to being able to shoot accurately - but this is stopping opposition players taking the key positions on the field and giving your front guys the chance to get into theirs.

3. Wrap and Blind Shoot - opening up angles on bunkers.

4. Communicate - as most back players have the best view of the field and how the game is developing they must talk constantly with the fronts and mids.

5. Movement - no good back guy will sit in his back bunker for long now - he will bump up to his secondary quickly to "shrink" the field - you want your paint to be slamming in to the oppositions barricades not dropping onto them from 50m away.

All these skills can be worked on in training.

Rich

mark5evo

Just and Old Git
May 19, 2002
UK - Midlands
Don't become too focused on trying to shoot people out of their bunkers - A good back player (not me :) )will be able to lock down the oppositions side of the field thus enabling his front/mid players to take control.

learn to shoot in one direction whilst scanning the field in other directions e.g. don't become blinkered, use all your field of vision.

RICH HARRIS

The legend limps on
Nov 18, 2002
Living on the edge, often bouncing on a ledge
A good back guy can eat more, drink more and....joking aside....try potting up whilst firing, shooting whilst walking..especially on breakout. Ur job aint to kill, its to suppress the oppositon...its a thankless task but if done right then ya front/mid guys will become killers.......for examples look at Just So manc, Inferno and Phoenix. Watch these guys do it.