Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

backup gun for tourney play?

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Agreed, Planet stuff is pretty rock solid. It's like WDP and my old angels, I never did anything to them except wipe them off and stick them in the bag for the next event. Just glorious things.

Reactions: Adhajm

Adhajm

Adam Gray
Oct 10, 2015
South (West of Swindon)
It was on around 280k before a newbie accidentally reset it. Honestly, anything from Planet is crazy reliable - with my 3.5, I've replaced the Orings once. With a bit a forethought and maintenance (if you can get on one of the basic tech clinics they occasionally run at events, it's worth the time), there's no reason why you couldn't see a couple million shots out of them.

So yeah, tough bit of kit. Where do you play? I'll happily lend it out for a day.
fair few pops then before it was reset haha! yeah i must admit planet has never really failed me, had issues all the time with dye's chopping paint, never planet, so standard wear and tear? cheers for the advice! well been going up to BW training with a few guys from former teams, playing this sunday in the winter series

Adhajm

Adam Gray
Oct 10, 2015
South (West of Swindon)
Agreed, Planet stuff is pretty rock solid. It's like WDP and my old angels, I never did anything to them except wipe them off and stick them in the bag for the next event. Just glorious things.
my friends still got a angel speed 05 as his 3rd incase anything goes down, till this day it still going strong just the rings and standard maintenance, probably still compete against most modern day markers!

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
I originally bought a Geo 3.1 (avatar photo), and a used LV1 as a backup because I got a good deal. I soon realized that I loved a broken in LV1 more than the Geo. So I used the LV1 all season with the Geo 3.1 (also bought IV core) as backup. My teammate in Puget used the Geo all event (until he broke his shoulder diving into the snake...gun was fine!)

This year, I picked up a CS1, I have yet to run it through a game, so not sure if I'll keep it or go back to the LV1.

Either way there are some killer deals on Geo 3's, 3.1's. Slap an IV core in it, and for the next 2+ years you'll have a perfectly good backup marker that'll run and gun in the top levels of tournaments.

systemx

Peace through superior firepower
Jul 3, 2011
London
Planet markers are indeed the bench mark by which many try to aspire to but have you considered a DM 13, 14 or 15 as a back up or step up......

I have a 13 and a 14 both have never missed a beat. Considering they can be had pre loved for under 300 sheets they have to be in the running? Or am I am about to incur the wrath of Mr Eclipse? Lol

(Any opinion offered is that soley of the author and therefore can any inevitable flaming be kept to a bare minimum)

Last edited: