Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Bake your marker . . .

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
Now i found this idea pretty odd but i suppose the concept stands. The idea is that the ‘baking’ process changes the annodising shade as can be seen in the photograph below. Each and every barrel in that picture was apparently black in the beginning.

190000.jpg
baked11.jpg

Before you read the steps, can I just say (type) that just because its on the internet doesn’t mean it’s a good idea. I may try it if I can get my hands on an old barrel or similar to try it out and I suggest if you are interested to do the same.

At this point I'd like some learned opinion i.e. Tom Allen, John C, Jamie B etc who can shed some light on the process at work. Btw I found the on 'The Nation' and so should be taken with a pinch of salt. (For link see below.)

Steps:
  1. Disassemble the parts you wish to bake (Including o-rings ;))
  2. Clean aforementioned parts with rubbing alcohol or similar
  3. Place parts on Al foil
  4. Place in pre heated oven to 400-490 degrees Fahrenheit (200-250 * C in real money)
  5. Bake for 2 hours (check to see how the colour is doing and remove when you are happy)
  6. Please note that during there time in the oven the parts will be quite hot, handle accordingly.
  7. Cool naturally at room temp DO NOT PUT IN COLD WATER.
Apparent colour changes:

black dust= dust light brown
black polished= copper/brown polished
blue dust= dust navy/dark blue
blue polished= light to dark purple or aqua polished
red dust= orange to orange red or light red to dark pink dust
silver polished= silver polished to whitish

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2457850&highlight=Camo+pm7

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
Some pretty impressive results with a DM7:

From this:
2.jpg
To this:
3.jpg

Great way to void your warrenty! I'd just like to say that I take aboslutly no responsibility for what you do to your marker. That is your choice and your choice alone.

Yeh someone that came into the shop the other week was saying something about this, can't remember who it was. Seem to remember they said it was quiet a fashionable thing to do in europe (obviously on the main land).

I'd be interested to find out who tried it first.... and why :eek:

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
Yeh someone that came into the shop the other week was saying something about this, can't remember who it was. Seem to remember they said it was quiet a fashionable thing to do in europe (obviously on the main land).

I'd be interested to find out who tried it first.... and why :eek:
Well there must be little else to do on those long european winter nights,. Yeah, i'm pretty sure i've seen pics of a Euro team with a guy shooting a DM in those colours. I imagine it doesn't work so will on IONs however :)

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
heard this before but never seen the results, same thing as dishwashers lightens the anno. may have a go with the driod :D

G.Ash

1st Wave
Sep 24, 2007
i have a old barrel that hasnt been used for 2 years i will try it and post results