Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Baldrick [Millennium] on the Rack !

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
The competition I was gonna run was to have you lot guess the number of chicks that have fallen under my pheromone spell since I was 14 .....I was persuaded not to because my wife would have eventually found out it would have totalled more than 400.

She of course believes the real number lies somewhere between 20 and 30, well she's correct in a way but what I failed to tell her was, that was for 1973 alone ....

Okay, I'll shut up now and get back to haggling with my mate for a prize ... if his generosity fails to live up to my expectations, I'll have to lob in a few quid to make things a little more interesting.
Holy Crap Pete,
This could make you the 2nd 'most sexual' poster on these boards!!

Nice work. Keep it up for another 20 years and you could be a serious contender for the #1 spot...

Luckily, I think you have a much better chance of winning the post-count comp....

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Scott & Spike,

I'm pretty sure I understand where you are coming from, iirc there is little flexibility between teams and divisions once a player is registered for the season, certainly in the upper divisions, though there is some provision for 'sister' teams. However. once that season is finished, there is no real restriction on a player playing for a lesser team the following season. I.E. it is feasable that a CPL player from last season could register for an M5 team the next season, though Gareth Keenan Ulrich might have one of his 'investigations' ;)

The PSP allow 2 players from the next highest division to play on a roster in the division below their normal one, i.e. 2 'pro' players in a 'semi pro' team:

PSP Rule Book said:
2.2. Roster Classification Limits
2.2.1. RaceTo-2
2.2.1.1. Any number of Division 3 or lower players and up to one Division 2 player may appear on a Division 3 RaceTo-2 roster.
2.2.1.1. Any number of Division 4 or lower players and up to one Division 3 player may appear on a Division 4 RaceTo-2 roster.
2.2.1.2. Any number of Division 5 or lower players and up to one Division 4 player may appear on a Division 5 RaceTo-2 roster.
2.2.2. RaceTo-4/5
2.2.2.1. Any number of Division 1 or lower players and up to two Semi-Pro players may appear on a Division 1 RaceTo-4/5 roster.
2.2.2.2. Any number of Division 2 or lower players and up to two Division 1 players may appear on a Division 2 RaceTo-4/5 roster.

(Basically, if you play a RaceTo-2 3-man event, that score won’t count towards RaceTo-2/4/5/7 5-man event classifications, but will count towards other RaceTo-2 3-man events. This means a player could be classified higher for 3-man events than 5-man events. 2 For example, to determine if a player has reached D2, a D2 CFOA score would count, and a D3 PSP score would count, but a CFOA D3 score would not count. This is to prevent players who play regionally from being forcibly promoted to a division that can only be competed in nationally. 3 For example, if only prelim scores are available, and a team was eliminated in the prelims, then the team will receive a score based on their final place in the prelims. 4 For example, if only the prelim scores are available, and 8 teams advanced from the prelims, and a team advanced but their final place is not known, the player will be awarded the average of the 1st through 8th place scores.)

2.2.2.3. Any number of Division 3 or lower players and up to two Division 2 players may
appear on a Division 3 RaceTo-4/5 roster.
2.2.2.4. Any number of Division 4 or lower players and up to two Division 3 players may appear on a Division 4 RaceTo-4/5 roster.
2.2.3. RaceTo-7
2.2.3.1. Any players may appear on a Pro RaceTo-7 roster.
2.2.3.2. Any number of Semi-Pro or lower players and up to two Pro players may appear on a Semi-Pro RaceTo-7 roster.
And of course, they allow transfers between teams throughout the season whereas the Millennium are fond of both their roster locks and divisional locking.Imho the PSP's system is far fairer.

As for registration/I.D. cards, personally, I don't think they are excessively expensive, considering they are for the season, try buying an i.d. printer, blanks, associated software and ancillaries, paying a member of staff to print them all and take the abuse from ingrate paintballers. The cost of id is once per season, unless you are careless enough to loose yours, you pay entry fees for individual events if you choose to play them!

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
For an "investigation", Gareth would need his own office. With a sign on the door.

ant290

BOOOOM!
May 15, 2007
Southampton
ant290.wixsite.com
wasn't the big idea for a long time to make everything cheaper so more players would want to enter events? have we really seen that much improvement here with cheaper entrance fees?

I think that the mills have a really good thing going for them and that is the trade stands. if players attend events they go to play against other international teams in front of fans. the fans that attend the events want to go and see top quality paintball AND the latest stuff. if there were more companies at events i think it would make events better to go to.

make it cheaper for the sponsors to have more competition in the market and bring more diversity and excitement to the trade stands. that would be awesome.

Spike

Platinum Member
Nov 11, 2001
Essex, England
www.GIMILSIM.com
Pete - You're spot on. Actually allowing the division above to guest isn't such a bad idea as it will still allow a few people to.

As far as the end of the year goes - players shouldn't go down and can only go up.

Many years ago a team entered in the AM divisions with their goal to become Pro. As much as we don't like to admit it we were in awe and wanted to be better than Pete & other pros. Of course I am talking about years ago in the days when Pete used to carry a K Cylinder of hair gel to Eurosplat.

Everyone wanted to progress, you went up and down throughout the season at certain events and it made for a true league type structure. I don't recall any players wanting to play "lower" than their attained level.

This of course was in the days before roster locks too and in some way is what the MS are trying to do with their locked divisions.

So perhaps adopting the PSP system with an added end of season rule would be a very good starting point and also move closer to alignment of the leagues.

Perhaps even using a rolling calendar year may solve the end of season rule?