Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Balls Out Promotions presents "Ballin on the Beach" Aug 1st/2nd

davejfox

Mar 31, 2008
Dublin
www.davejfox.com
I'm not even sure where to begin...I guess I'll start with this. You know it was an amazing event when you're planning what to do at the next one before you're even on the plane home.

It was nothing but a privledge to knock heads with teams of that calibre.

The guys at BOP have done such an incredible thing with that event that it's hard to even know where to start. The organizers of Millennium should hang their heads in shame, as BOP were able to put on a better event and on a much smaller budget. I suppose when something is your passion and not just run for monetary gain, it really shows. Showing the public what our sport is is the way of the future and realistically the only way it can survive. But aside from all that, it was the little things that made the event just so much more professional and enjoyable. From the player ID being given to you at signup (yeah, given to you - you don't have to pay an entry fee and then BUY your ID card) to the organizers actually asking you "are you enjoying yourself" and listening.

Apart from the event itself, had an amazing time. Big thanks to Ali and my team mates and especially Jim for suggesting the event to us in the first place. Ed and Terry opted to play on the scratch team (and got some awesome tshirts!) and helped us out immensely in the pits so thanks for that guys. Big thanks to the BOP guys obviously and all the teams that were there, who made us feel so welcome. And thanks to Gassy for letting me touch your Victory.....mmmmmm.

Jonny 03

www.carlisle-reball.co.uk
I haven’t been on the scene for several years now but had the wonderful opportunity to enjoy this tournament from the spectator stand and eventually made a road trip of it with ex subzero, ex northern heroes and ex shogun players all descending on sunny Blackpool from the not so sunny Carlisle. We'd just like to thank you all for a wonderful event and let you know you've quite possibly inspired a lot of young but none the less seasoned players to think about blowing the dust off whatever kit we have left and get behind our gats once more. So thank you.

Also, as a point of appreciation, whoever happened to be the poor sod that smashed their forehead off the scaffolding by the spectator stand THANK YOU! You made us all laugh out loud for sometime afterwards. Congratulations for perfect comic timing. :D

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
What can i say that already hasn't been said about this event.

Big thanks going out to the Mad Monks, it was truely a pleasure in playing with some truely great guys.

How often is it you get to see 4 MODS in one place :D..

Got back at 4pm today and im still buzzing, made my 4 hr drive seem like a walk in the park..

It was my first experiance of xball and roll on the next, Its not often you get to play the top teams within this sport and i can now say i did..

Congrats to ball out, this was a top event and one to be proud of, i cant wait for the next one..

I could type all day about this event , but it wouldn't be fair on all the others that want to have there say.

DISRUPTION ,, wow getting blown out of the arena is one thing , playing you was an experiance i wont forget in a hurry.. :eek:.

Thanks

Carl

ahh so that was you in the team rampage shirt then:p
i was in my joy jersey if you can remember me??:)

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I haven’t been on the scene for several years now but had the wonderful opportunity to enjoy this tournament from the spectator stand and eventually made a road trip of it with ex subzero, ex northern heroes and ex shogun players all descending on sunny Blackpool from the not so sunny Carlisle. We'd just like to thank you all for a wonderful event and let you know you've quite possibly inspired a lot of young but none the less seasoned players to think about blowing the dust off whatever kit we have left and get behind our gats once more. So thank you.

Also, as a point of appreciation, whoever happened to be the poor sod that smashed their forehead off the scaffolding by the spectator stand THANK YOU! You made us all laugh out loud for sometime afterwards. Congratulations for perfect comic timing. :D

I wish you had found me Jonny, i'd have liked to meet you mate.

Yup was so good to watch, remember when the idea was first brought up and cant believe what a good job the organisers did. Some of the best games I've watched, now gonna go trawl through classifieds and seriously consider buying some kit again....:D

thomas221289

super soaker ftw!
Aug 12, 2008
ashington

what did he have on i think it might have been me :S

Lemon

Baller without a willy ;)
Feb 17, 2006
Bradford
www.get-cash-back.co.uk
Wow!! What a LEGEND weekend!! I think that even beat Malaga (last year when it was hot!). BOP is now the sport leader in the UK imo. Always a great atmosphere, everything runs smoothly (I don’t know how you manage it guys!), refs are spot on, and value for money is an understatement!

You guys ROCK!! Thank you sooooo much for putting this on...please keep doing it! :)

Thanks Monks for the fun as always, sorry if you got to see more of me than expected on Saturday night lol :eek:

Great laugh with everyone at the hotel...Sid, thank you for leaving my hubby in one piece :p

Wicked night out Sat...we finally made it to a players party after 4 years of trying!!

... and was a pleasure to meet and play with (dont mean it to sound wrong) lump and lemon:)
Nice to meet you Ali, you played well mate, keep it up!

Well I'm still in recovery mode I think... Huge love to all xxxx

LATHAM

FIGHTIN' MACHINE™
Ok first up I wanna thank Jonno for coming up with this awesome idea. I remember being a guest at a Nicky T training day when Jonno started going on about a blackpool beach comp. Thought then it sounded cool. Never thought Jonno's vision would actually happen!

Well thats where The Balls out lads took over i guess and turned his idea into the best paintball event I think I've ever played! Thank you Mark and Rich for bothering to run an event at an obvious loss just to get the public to notice. Like Al said previously we both took our girlfriends and my two lads came along too. They all loved it and would love to come to more events like it.

Paintball actually came across as a sport and not just an army game. I think for a while now everyone has been pinning too much hope on TV as the saviour of paintball, when it's these sort of public events that we need first. Once these start drawing people in the TV will no doubt follow.

My only criticism of the whole event was that a lot of passers by where asking could they play, or where they could go to play. Maybe at the next one some paintball companies could have a booth or two to get people playing. Also something like a reball range or something could be setup to give some of the passers by a taste of firing a marker. You know they'd love it. Anyway I'm not telling Rich and Mark how to suck eggs, just some future ideas, that I'm pretty sure they've probably already thought off!

Next onto Legacy. Thanks again to Rich for the invite. Felt really honored to be asked to play after being out of ball for soooo long. Thanks to the other lads too for making me and Al feel so welcome. We gotta do it again sometime soon.

Last, thanks to the teams we got to play, and even the ones we watched. I'd heard British paintball was dying, but was pretty impressed with the teams at the event. Even though we lost our games to Disruption and So-Manc I enjoyed them the most. Nothing like getting beat to make you play harder. Those two teams really impressed me and as well as having really good individual players also had the xball format sussed. So-Manc especially sussed me and Al's little bag pushing plan after we'd won a few points and stopped us dead the next few points. Gutted, but glad to see teams adapting instead of just running the same old breakouts again and again!

Anyway I think the GFH have got the bug again, so expect to see us at a few more events.

Don't forget Gunz For Hire are just that........ If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find us, maybe you can hire... GFH ;)

Oh and sorry for the stupidly long post :p