Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

BARREL ADVICE .. HELP?

ryan clarkson

Jul 18, 2013
tamworth/birmingham
Hi guys I have a planet eclipse etha , im getting the techt mrt bolt to make the marker abit quiter so I'm after a new barrel to go with it .. I'm looking at the shadow barrel kit with the carbon fibre tip , does anyone have any experience of this barrel or could tell me if its any good , would like to know what it's like on noise , consistency , grouping etc. any help appreciated , thanks ryan

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
There's a lot of rubbish talked about barrels, in reality for an open bolt marker like the Etha there is little advantage in using anything but the stock one. If the aim is for less noise then look for something with lots of porting.

Reactions: ryan clarkson

Vimto

Sterling Paintballs
Oct 30, 2012
Aldershot, Hampshire
Hey Ryan, I'm Shadow's UK Distributor, but I'm also a player and can give you an unbiased opinion on these as I use them myself.
If you pop onto their facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/paintballshadow) you'll find that everyone who posts up is delighted with their barrel.

The Shake is only 94grams or so altogether, that's a carbon fibre tip and a back. Very good finish, carbon fibre is solid and you won't break it with your bare hands, I've tried!
Noise- quiet, quieter than a shaft4 barrel, so very good, lots of porting.
Consistency- fluctuates at maximum 5fps either way, for me on my Geo2.1 its within 3fps always.
Grouping and accuracy- Extremely accurate, even with old paint I've found that the barrels give out consistent lanes, and the distance, I can achieve about 10ft further than with my shaft4.

Of course if you think I'm biased because I supply them in the UK, there's been a lengthy review done recently by a player on their page, there's a Ford Report article, and of course there are those that use them, lots of folks on facebook praising the barrels. Have a look and if you'd like to chat more about them, drop me a PM :)
Hope this helps!

Reactions: ryan clarkson