Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball Valken Paintball

Barrel bores - DOES size matter?

Discussion in 'Gold Board' started by Joff, Nov 26, 2002.

1. Liz New Member

Liz
    Message Count:
    Fixed bore barrels don't tend to cost more! E.g. Smart Parts AA (fixed bore) barrel under £60 + VAT, Smart Parts Freak barrel with just one insert around £90 + VAT.

2. Joff Web Monkey

Joff
    Message Count:
    So if there's still a roaring market for fixed-bore barrels, do people buying these have a range of barrels or do they just buy an all rounder and accept it might not be as accurate as it could be.

3. Joff Web Monkey

Joff
    Message Count:
    Ok, I suppose the point I'm trying to get at is that I need to change the stock barrel on my Tippy ASAP, but without spending more than a few quid.

I'd rather "waste" £30 or so on a Tippy-threaded fixed bore barrel now and get something more flexible when I upgrade to my next marker, than spend £90+ on a nice Freak barrel and a range of inserts just for the sake of being able to take it with me onto my next marker.

Based on that...

Which bore, which barrel and what length :p

4. QuackingPlums Go get a wee-mee!

QuackingPlums
    Message Count:
    But Joff, when u get a new marker, all you'd need to do is get a new back for your barrel (~£50) and sell/bin your old one (total "wastage" = £50)

Even if you went for a Smart Parts AA fixed barrel then that's £60, and of no use to you whatsoever when you upgrade?

Unless you're talking about keeping initial costs down to a minimum too... :D

M8, the sooner you tell her you bought a marker the sooner you can start asking for parts as chrimbo pressies! :p

5. Joff Web Monkey

Joff
    Message Count:
    Hmm... well I'm sure I can get 32 degrees barrels for the £30-odd mark...

And I think she's already got my Christmas pressies :( Nice idea tho...

6. Collier Arsed?

Collier
    Message Count:
    I'd highly reccomend Smart Parts AA barrel at around a .691 bore. if thats over budget take a look at the 32 degrees range they all have a fairly large bore size. :)

Paul.

7. Joff Web Monkey

Joff
    Message Count:
    Cheers,

The All American does look quite funky... the 32 deg range is quite interesting too tho.. :)

8. joe bob copyright '03

joe bob
    Message Count:
    about my first post, a bezerk is the same thing, but ss, and CHEEPER:eek: