The Home Of European Paintball

Barrel Kit

James500

Jan 23, 2019
Looking to buy a barrel kit and have narrowed it down to a few options

HK Army XV Kit

Empire Pipe Backs / Empire Driver XX Front

Inception Designs Stella Kit

Price between these 3 obviously varies a bit, the stella being most expensive. Any recomendations more than welcome

Also rather than buy a full kit of something, would i get away with just one or two barrel backs and one front for the majority of walk on paint, eg 0.680 and 0.685. My local field has GI Sportz 2 and 4 star so thats mainly what il be using

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Looking to buy a barrel kit and have narrowed it down to a few options

HK Army XV Kit

Empire Pipe Backs / Empire Driver XX Front

Inception Designs Stella Kit

Price between these 3 obviously varies a bit, the stella being most expensive. Any recomendations more than welcome

Also rather than buy a full kit of something, would i get away with just one or two barrel backs and one front for the majority of walk on paint, eg 0.680 and 0.685. My local field has GI Sportz 2 and 4 star so thats mainly what il be using
You need to post this in the wanted section of classifieds, but probably can’t access that area yet

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Yes, you can get away with a couple of sizes

But if you intend to only have a couple of sizes only then it’s cheaper to buy a couple of differently sized barrels than a pair of sizes inserts
If you plan on building a collection over time then do start small and work up

James500

Jan 23, 2019
Thanks for the reply, why does this need to be in the wanted section? Im after advice not looking to buy second hand

So if i go with the HK or Pipe kit that will give me enough back options for the type of paint il be using

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Thanks for the reply, why does this need to be in the wanted section? Im after advice not looking to buy second hand

So if i go with the HK or Pipe kit that will give me enough back options for the type of paint il be using
Just going by your opening as looking to buy, some use that as a way of trying to bypass the rule

Personally I would prefer an inserts based system then one that had sized backs.
I originally had the old Empire pipe barrel set back in the day, but I changed over to Freaks.
It makes no difference if you have just one gun or ones with a common thread type. But I had/have many guns with Tippman, Spyder, Smart Parts & cocker threads etc. Without an insert based system that would mean I would have needed a complete set per gun, but with the freak I just needed a back to fit each

Any of the systems will give you options for the size range you could get from any paint brand. There can be a trend based on the manufacturers machinery, but the size can fluctuate between batches