Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Barrel Plugs

Loki

Oct 7, 2001
London
Visit site
Nothing really.... some use 2 orings ( Fatboy etc..) some use 3 o rings (JT etc) but none of them really are better or worse in my opinion.

L

Joao Duro

Jul 11, 2001
Portugal
Visit site
Plugs X Socks & SAFETY

Loki is right. Apart from looks, there's really no bing difference.

But barrel socks are the thing to use when it comes to safety.
It happen twice to me, accidentaly firing a plugged marker, and the plug just flying by someone's head (i s**t you not).

In my experience, barrel socks usually break the ball (cleanup time), but ALWAYS STOP THE BALL:)

cjohns

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2001
Griffin, GA, USA
Socks

If I heard correctly, I believe that barrel socks are being phased in as mandatory for tourney play in the near future.

Equus

Honk! Parp! Toot!
Oct 12, 2001
London
Visit site
Agreed on the barrel plug saftey side of things, remember watching a bunch of kids shooting at each other with barrel bungs (well.. one shot each then run around to find another bung) at a site near bristol. The bungs where shifting at a fair speed. Marshalls went understandably mental at them.

Socks are much better, but cant be used as bayonets.

Barrel Bungs

IF pulling the trigger causes the barrel bung to pop off then you haven't got a safe barrel bung!:eek:

I have a screw-in "locking" type bung, (smart-parts I think) this locks into place really tightly and is as safe as a bag anyday.

Bags were mandatory at the Zap-Am if IIRC, What about safety catches? Why have these fallen from favour in the paintballing world?

Richard

I think that the problem with safety catches is simply that they aren't always safe, they can snap on some markers and on some (eg tippman m98), you can wire the marker without taking the safety off if the trigger is pulled hard enough. Obviously when used in combination with bungs and/or socks, they can only lessen the likelyhood of the marker going off... perhaps the real reason is that most of us know we'd forget to take the safety off and look like right twats when we got into the game and couldn't work out why our markers aren't working!!

K

Bungs/Safetys etc.

Hmmm,

Yeah I know the feeling, was chronied by a marshal at Nottingham for a game: 135...120...65... doh! Turned my CO2 on... 267...289... much better, that would have been great on the break!

Friend of mine had a good though for a safety (not to replace the bung/bag, but to stop the paint going everywhere inside); get a pin, on a chain, the place it into the trigger plate, like a mechanical version of the Angel's key.

Neway, just a thought

Richard