Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Barrel Plugs

Mador

lurkin' in a dark place
Aug 7, 2001
Selby ...near York.
Visit site
Barrel sock is the way to go for anyone nowadays I think.....bung's are just not safe enough...if you've ever been hit by one you'll know what i mean.

Saw a guy hit by one at Nottingham,purely accidental but it left a big bruise...was only 3 feet away at the time...not pretty.

Just my 2p..

Mador

Loki

Oct 7, 2001
London
Visit site
Richard,

Though the chain and pin idea is a good one...the problem is also that with a bung or sock you have a reasonably good visual indication that a gun is safe....ie birghtly coloured piece of plastic sticking out the end of your gun....

with the pin idea unless you are looking quite hard at the gun at a distance you're not going to know if its safe or not. Cus several cockers and not forgetting the Angel LCD have safety devices (cockers having a mechanical safety and the LCD locks out the triger electronically) but they're not allowed on their own because not everone is aware of wether they're safe or not.

L

Also speaking of Barrel Bungs, if anyone is interested check out the classifieds section for Custom Barrel Bungs. Or mail Custom_Barrel_Bungs@hotmail.com for a personal quote or more infomation.

Barrel bungs

Hi,

I wasn't suggetsing that the pin would replace barrel bungs/socks, but merely prevent the gooey mess at the end, of course bungs/bags are vital to maintain the safety of paintballing

Stay safe,

Richard

P.s. if your barrel bung comes out of the end of your gun when you fire it, then IT IS NOT SAFE! the bung should stop anything coming out of the end!

Alex Hicks.

Just your average lunatic
Jul 14, 2001
Loughborough
Visit site
The angels key was the biggest pain in the ass easiest thing in the world to lose. Best just keep with the socks and us with electros have an on off switch. It's quite hard to accdentally fire a non electro anyways, I never shot out a barrel plug with my cocker.

Alex Hicks.

Jul 14, 2001
Loughborough
Visit site
Richard,

One of Johns ideas, help. Does his gun still work? has his air system blown up after it had it's 300bar fill.
Is Dan 2 still alive, haven't seen him post on this forum for ages and wanna know whats happening with this inter uni tourney. Has he got his ass in gear yet?

Alex.

The DUPS

Alex,

The pin on a chain safety catch does seem like a good idea to me, but hey. John's Mag does appear to be working (though I haven't actually seen it yet) You should hear his ideas for an e-mag (if it works it'll be cool, if it doesn't :p ).

Dan 2 is still alive... though at the moment the DUPS cannot organise their way out of a wet paper bag :mad: . We couldn't get enough for a rec-day last attempt, and the Halloween ball was a no-go.

On the plus side I am now guesting for the Fighting Hellfish when the DUPS can't raise a team, so I'm okay.

Don't know what is happening about the tourney, we are having an exec meeting today, so I'll raise your concerns.

How is the SW league?

Hope all is well

Richard

Alex Hicks.

Jul 14, 2001
Loughborough
Visit site
Whats goin on? I thought you got loads of recruits from freshers fair. If Dan got a rec day together with 6o members surely Dan 2 could get one from all your new members. Can Dan 2 really be less organised than Dan 1) How are you looking teamwise for series 2002? What went wrong with the ball, did you lose money it did it just not happen.
South west league is OK. Did well in first tourney but got DUPS stylie results in our second (6th of 8) (was in the woods though).

The DUPS

Loads of Recruits, 15 people wanting to play :( Whats with that!

Teamwise: Um... there were loads of people who expressed an interest, so we'll have to see (Vicki has all but diffected to the Chicks :mad: ).

We (the society, not us personally) lost the publicity/ticket printing money, we'll survive I'm sure.

Hope the SW goes well.

Richard

P.s. if you want to e-mail instead of post here do:

richardkirke@hotmail.com