Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Barrel Problems

Oct 15, 2015
Hey Guys,
I've been having problems with my tippmann A5 barrel. bought it ages ago and haven't used it in the last 3 or 4 years since buying my etha.
...i know, slow progression, I've not had much time or money for anything more high-tech.. it's just a little hobby I enjoy taking part in from time to time.
The paintballs never seem to shoot straight and I seem to remember it being a whole lot more accurate. I constantly squeegie the barrel and keep it nice and clean but i only seem to be more or less accurate from close range.
The Etha barrel isn't that much better either..
Should I be looking to buy a new barrel? And are there barrels that would fit both tippmann and eclipse marker to save some dolla.
Thanks!

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Hey Guys,
I've been having problems with my tippmann A5 barrel. bought it ages ago and haven't used it in the last 3 or 4 years since buying my etha.
...i know, slow progression, I've not had much time or money for anything more high-tech.. it's just a little hobby I enjoy taking part in from time to time.
The paintballs never seem to shoot straight and I seem to remember it being a whole lot more accurate. I constantly squeegie the barrel and keep it nice and clean but i only seem to be more or less accurate from close range.
The Etha barrel isn't that much better either..
Should I be looking to buy a new barrel? And are there barrels that would fit both tippmann and eclipse marker to save some dolla.
Thanks!
The A5 has a tippmann thread and the Etha has cocker thread
To use the same barrel you would either need a cocker adaptor for the A5 or a two piece barrel set with different backs in each thread

If money is short then it will be cheaper to buy different barrels of a couple of sizes then a barrel set with different sizes and threads

Look down the barrel and check it looks smooth but I’m going to guess that it’s bore size and probably paint being smaller these days

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Easy fix!

Buy an A5 to Autococker adaptor from Just Paintball, only £9.95: - https://www.justpaintball.co.uk/a5-to-ac-barrel-adaptor.html

Then buy either an Autococker threaded Freak kit or an Eclipse FR kit. These consist of a 2 piece barrel with a rear section that takes different sized inserts so you can match the insert to the size of the paint you are shooting.

The majority of paintball markers take Autococker threaded barrels, including your Etha.

https://www.justpaintball.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?cat=0&q=freak+kit

https://www.justpaintball.co.uk/shaft-fr-freak-system.html

Looks like Tom just beat me to it!

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
2 main things that affect accuracy are

1) you (i.e practice)
2) paint quality.

If both barrels are doing the same, I would guess that the paint is not great quality, or has been stored incorrectly or something like that.

MarkC82

Feb 4, 2013
Birmingham
Had similar prob with my old a5 used to shoot all over the place lol I got a decent slightly longer rifled raptor barrel from Rap4 uk sorted it right out deadly from then on :rolleyes: